New Phyrexia Event Decks: Spidey (Rot From Within) vs Oversoul (War of Attrition)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Still need to get home to see my topdeck, but I should have one more poison counter from that last combat.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, equip Bonehoard onto Leonin-Relic-Warder, swing for 8, done.

Spiderman: 8
Poison: 0
Hand: 0
Library: 45
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T) Forest x5

Graveyard: Mutagenic Growth, Carrion Call, Carrion Call, Primal Bellow, Mutagenic Growth, Carrion Call, Groundswell, Putrefax, Viridian Corrupter
Exile: Ichorclaw Myr *exiled by Leonin Relic-Warder #2*

====================================================================================================

Oversoul: 20
Poison: 4
Hand: 1
Library: 40
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Dread Statuary (T: C; 4: becomes a 4/2 golem artifact creature ueot.)

Journey to Nowhere (doing nothing)

(U) Bonehoard (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of creature cards in all graveyards. Equip 2.) *Equipped to Leonin Relic-Warder*
(U) Skinwing (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and flying. Equip 6.)
(U) Sickleslicer (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +2/+2. Equip 4.)
(U) Flayer Husk (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +1/+1. Equip 2.)

(T) Leonin Relic-Warder (8/8; When ~ EtB, I may exile target artifact or enchantment. When ~ LtB, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.) *exiling Ichorclaw My* *1 -1/-1 ctr* *Bonehoarded*

Graveyard: Flayer Husk, Leonin Skyhunter, Stoneforge Mystic, Porcelain Legionnaire, Stoneforge Mystic, Leonin Relic-Warder
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Glistener Elf

Done

Spiderman: 8
Poison: 0
Hand: 0
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U) Forest x5

(S) Glistener Elf (1/1; Infect)

Graveyard: Mutagenic Growth, Carrion Call, Carrion Call, Primal Bellow, Mutagenic Growth, Carrion Call, Groundswell, Putrefax, Viridian Corrupter
Exile: Ichorclaw Myr *exiled by Leonin Relic-Warder #2*

====================================================================================================

Oversoul: 20
Poison: 4
Hand: 1
Library: 40
Battlefield:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Dread Statuary (T: C; 4: becomes a 4/2 golem artifact creature ueot.)

Journey to Nowhere (doing nothing)

(U) Bonehoard (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of creature cards in all graveyards. Equip 2.) *Equipped to Leonin Relic-Warder*
(U) Skinwing (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and flying. Equip 6.)
(U) Sickleslicer (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +2/+2. Equip 4.)
(U) Flayer Husk (Living Weapon; Equipped creature gets +1/+1. Equip 2.)

(T) Leonin Relic-Warder (8/8; When ~ EtB, I may exile target artifact or enchantment. When ~ LtB, return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control.) *exiling Ichorclaw My* *1 -1/-1 ctr* *Bonehoarded*

Graveyard: Flayer Husk, Leonin Skyhunter, Stoneforge Mystic, Porcelain Legionnaire, Stoneforge Mystic, Leonin Relic-Warder
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Equip Skinwing onto Leonin Relic-Warder, swing for 10. Well, that's lethal.

Interesting. I think we both got off to a bit of a slow start for what these decks can average, and perhaps mine just wasn't quite as bad...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

Well, for a Rot deck, I didn't get nearly as many artifact removal spells that I could have. Like more Corrupters. Although I may have misplayed and perhaps should have boosted my unblocked guys to deal more poison counters to you, rather than try to take out your guys.

So I guess we switch now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Although I may have misplayed and perhaps should have boosted my unblocked guys to deal more poison counters to you, rather than try to take out your guys.
The thought did occur to me, but it's too tough to say from just seeing that one game. You had to mulligan twice, and I think that if you'd gotten a strong starting hand, it might have stacked a few more poison counters onto me and made it so that even one unblocked attacker could be pumped by one of your spells for lethal Infect damage. It's also possible that even just one more Viridian Corrupter would have set me back enough that you could still win. That thing was a menace. I didn't want to use Journey to Nowhere on it because then if you ever took out the Journey, the Corrupter would hit another one of my artifacts and still be a threat.

But I guess we'll see how it goes the second time around. I'll have to wait until this evening to sleeve up Rot From Within. Good luck!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
but it's too tough to say from just seeing that one game
Yeah, I know. It's the only thing I can think of that I could have done differently though. With really no creatures or removal, I could just hope to out-race you which I didn't, because of all the Living Weapons you kept putting out.