Khans of Tarkir Card Gallery

turgy22

Nothing Special
I know this was discussed elsewhere, but is this the first set in a block? If it is and the last set isn't called "The Wrath of Khans", I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You're probably going to be disappointed :) This is the first set in the block (it's fall!) but only set 2 has been announced, Fate Reforged. The official name of set 3 has not been released yet.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wednesday 9/3/14 cards

Marshall Sutcliffe's cards

• Temur Charger
  • Watcher of the Roost
  • Dragon's Eye Savants
  • Ruthless Ripper
  • Horde Ambusher

T

Terentius

At the top of the card gallery page, what do those groups in the third column of that table signify?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At the top of the card gallery page, what do those groups in the third column of that table signify?
The third column is the source of the card spoiler. For example, "Feature" indicates a feature article on the WotC website. "Facebook" refers to a card that was first spoiled through the official Magic: the Gathering Facebook page. "LoadingReadyRun" is for this video.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, the full set has been spoiled. Some interesting concepts, but it looks like they were overly cautious in making things slower and more expensive. This set kind of reminds me of Invasion. The multicolored focus will help to make the set popular initially, but in the long run the low power level of the set will make the whole thing seem irrelevant. That's really too bad, as the last heavily multicolored block (Alara) tended toward a higher power level and was quite fun.

When fetchlands were officially confirmed for this set, I saw some speculation that the set was going to be weaker as a whole with fetchlands to compensate for that, because WotC wanted to use this as the low point for toning things down before having the power creep back up. I didn't think that was the case at the time, but now I'm hoping it is. Otherwise, I'm worried that they're looking to establish bland midrange as the universal deck everyone plays. Oh well, at least that would keep me from investing in Standard...