Magic 2014 for Tablets

B

BigBlue

Anyone else try out the new magic app?

I think it is pretty slick, but slow as heck and the AI isn't any better than the old Shandalar ironically enough. :)

B

BigBlue

Magic 2014 - It is intended for Tablets only (play OK on Nexus 7 - but have to zoom in a lot of the time to read the cards.)

I was thinking it was really killing my battery - but I discovered that not to be the case - or perhaps that was in conjunction with another problem... anywho it is decent. Free - with some in-game purchases. So far Multiplayer is only via Bluetooth with other users. What I loved is it doesn't require being online to play (perfect for nexus). I don't know if it's in iTunes too - but not going to try it on my iPod anyways.

I had some credit with Google and paid 9.99 for some feature - but I'm not sure which it was. It has a campaign mode (played with pre-made decks - you get access to more decks and more cards as you progress). It also has a sealed version - that may be what I had to pay for. It was decent - but if that's what I bought, I wouldn't do it again. You get 2 tournaments to go through then it asks for $ for the 3rd.

All the cards are from the 2014 core release. It also has a 2 headed giant (single player - w/ AI against AI), and a FreeforAll option. Those are using your decks from the campaign.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If it's for tablets, it wouldn't be for the iPod but for the iPad... but I'll see if I can find it in the Apple store.

This is the forum for this, I'll change the title thread. :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My bad, I was just checking the App store from my phone, which makes sense that it wouldn't be available since it's for tablets.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So I have to get a tablet to use this...... hmmmmm.....
Anyone want to trade a tablet for some boxes of magic?
Got 2 cases of Return to Ravnica, some Dragons Gate and Gate crash?
BTW - what is agood tablet?

B

BigBlue

As an FYI - this app is somewhat limited. Unless they find a way to make multiplayer go against other online players.

I finished up the campaign in a few days. The sealed gives you 2 tournaments - then wants $ for each add'l. You have replay value as you can play each of the decks through to get additional cards to improve them (35 cards per deck - there are 10 decks). The campaign itself is 4 duels per "plane" and there are 4 planes (as I recall). There are also 5 planeswalkers to defeat.

Lastly - it only offers cards from the 2014 Core set.

As far as the AI - I just realized there are 3 difficulty levels and mine was set to the easiest by default. I changed that and I'll see how it improves.

(I still really like it though, with those drawbacks - mostly because I've got no other Magic outlet right now - except the ancient Shandalar which I've finished too many times to count.) :)