Fantasy Football 2013

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It almost slipped by me, but the new league is up. PW dwarven if it asks you. Everything's the same and it's set to autodraft unless you guys decide on a time and date.

Good luck everyone!

R

rokapoke

I would humbly suggest that we consider switching up to a more traditional scoring model -- it seems like our league championship is too often decided by who drafted that year's most ridiculous producer(s).

Just a thought.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Really? For the couple of times I've gotten in the championships, it was always due to players I picked up later in the season, not really from the draft.

I'm open to modifying it though, with a group concensus.

Melkor

I've always enjoyed the crazy scoring model as something different from the usual leagues. Of course don't ask me how it's actually calculated because I have no idea.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I would humbly suggest that we consider switching up to a more traditional scoring model -- it seems like our league championship is too often decided by who drafted that year's most ridiculous producer(s).
This coming from the guy who drafted last year's most ridiculous producer. And finished 6th. I'm sorry to say, the evidence doesn't seem to support your theory.

I say we keep it the same.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So it looks like we're going to need a dummy team again... What did we want the rules for it to be? Just draft injured/players at the last of the Yahoo list and then drop them all or if I can't, put them on the bench?

R

rokapoke

I think last year we just let the team autodraft and set its lineup automatically -- it's the most fair system (in my opinion), as some people will play the dummy team twice and some will play it once.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I know in the middle of the season, due to byes and injuries, it wasn't at full strength as it was at the beginning and there was a request (by turgy22?) to change it. So I think probably the most fair is to have it draft players that no one wants (like from the bottom of the list) and just set everyone on the bench or drop them after, so it's truly a dummy team and anyone playing it essentially gets a bye.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I personally believe that we should rig the dummy team's draft. No one wants to lose to the dummy team. Then again, rokapoke is correct that it's more fair to make it a legitimate opponent for those who get to play the dummy team twice.

Actually, I just checked on the league and what we really need is another friend. We've only got seven teams right now. Have you messaged train and DF and asked why they haven't joined up? I don't recall ever having less than eight teams.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's why I thought rigging the dummy team to lose all of the time makes it fair to everyone who plays it; you don't have to worry about facing it at full-strength or when its players have byes or injuries or what.

We do need another friend and I can message them, but I remember from past seasons that they kind of "slack off" too and forget to change their lineup. They also haven't been on in a while (and Ransac is the other missing one) so they may not be able to play this year. But I'll check.

One thing is that I'll be gone from the 21st to 28th and I think the autodraft is set during that time (I think) so that only leaves one day for a chance for them to reply. I can postpone it until I get back though, to see if they reply back during that time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I have to drop the dummy team to get back to an even number, but should we give train and DF a chance and set the autodraft for Friday, 8/30?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'd rather stick with eight and no dummies. If they both come here and agree to join together, we can go to ten. Otherwise, I say continue with what we have.

Also, can we set a real draft?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
We doing keepers this season? It seems like that's what the site is saying...or is that the default now?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it turns out we had an even number (or someone dropped) before Ransac joined because we have an even number now with the dummy team (I think, I haven't checked in a couple of days). I figure if train and DF haven't joined by now, they won't so we can move on without them...

However, as I understand it, it has to be autodraft, live draft, or offline draft. The last will take way too long at this point and I asked you guys for a date and time to set up a live draft in the original post and no one responded so I figured no one was interested. If you guys want to do it, you need to decide at the end of the day; otherwise, I'm going to switch on Ready to Autodraft and it will take effect in 72 hours (3 days, so that would be Monday). Since we need the dummy team, I'm going to set it to draft bottom of the pool players and either drop them or sit them on the bench so playing against it is effectively a bye for everyone.

What's keepers?