Some more life modification shenanigans

C

CanadianBrad

Jeez, I love things like this. For life-gain guys(like me) who get pissed off with high-damage aggro guys(like... okay, me as well. It's a little conflicting. I just tell girls "I'm complicated").

We're going to play Stigma Lasher in our red/white deck, and drop Power of Fire on top of it. Then we're going to tap Stigma Lasher and deal ourselves 1 damage. Wait, what? You're going to hurt yourself?!? Yeah, so I'm feeling a little masochistic today.

But wait. Now, we're going to pop out Transcendence. Congratulations, damage is no longer a factor for you. You may now go nuts.

Of course, if Transcendence is countered, you're screwed for life-gain, and you may well be in trouble. But hey, it's fun just for the looks, right?

Turns out, guys like me, who like life-gain, hate Stigma Lasher. But I've discovered a fun little way to make it work for me, to piss off the aggro guys, like me. Good thing I only play with myself in the shower these days.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Good thing I only play with myself in the shower these days.
Bad idea. Your cards are going to get all wet.

As for the rest of your post, nice combo. I like it. If I were you, I would back up the Transcendence with a bunch of cards that help you pull it out of your library (e.g. Academy Rector), keep it in play (Greater Auramancy), and get it back when all else fails (Auramancer). I'm sure there are even better examples out there.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Of course, if you're going to be fetching Transcendence, you might be able to fetch other enchantments too. There's always Forsaken Wastes.