Black life loss/gain deck

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I played a variant of this deck in our casual multi-player monthly game (and won the game by almost happenstance), but I'm really bad at deck building. It's a 75 card deck (by our rules) and I liked the opponents losing life cards and some life gaining cards to keep me ahead of the race.
So what are the bad/good cards in this deck.
Massacre wurm and Wound Reflection were the stars of the game, with Blood Tithe, Sangromancer and Syphon Soul being the difference in life.
Do I have too many different cards?
Thanks

1 Maralen of the Mornsong
2 Sign in Blood
2 Doom Blade
1 Smallpox
2 Assassinate
1 Heap Doll
1 Necrotic Ooze
2 Rite of Consumption
3 BlightSpeaker
2 Blood Tithe
2 Syphon Soul
2 Onyx Goblet
1 Disentomb
2 Revive the Fallen
2 Vampiric Link
3 Massacre Wurm
3 Sangromancer
3 Howling Banshee
3 Wound Reflection
3 Caustic Hound
2 Gravedigger
2 Tendrils of corruption
3 Dash Hopes
1 Beseech the Queen
1 Rise from the Grave
3 Volrath's Stronghold
2 Cabal Coffers
2 Exsanguinate
14 Swamps
4 Hissing Miasma

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
You don't need to play it on turn 1 ;) It'd be a strong card even if it'd cost 5. But it does draw attention. There's also a Syphon Soul on a stick, but I can't recall the name. It's notoriously good at drawing removal spells.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
True, very true..... hmmmm... I'd like to find that Syphon on a stick.
I'm not sure about good and bad interaction or utility....
Like, is Gravedigger a good way to get the other creatures back or is there another way or utility?
Thanks for your suggestions, I need to make a list and see what I have and what I need....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You don't need to play it on turn 1 ;) It'd be a strong card even if it'd cost 5. But it does draw attention. There's also a Syphon Soul on a stick, but I can't recall the name. It's notoriously good at drawing removal spells.
Hm, do you remember any details about this card? The closest thing that comes to mind is Sorin Markov, who has a nice life-stealing ability and the bonus of a Mindslaver ultimate. Was this card an artifact. Did it hit all opponents the way Syphon Soul does? Was it damage or loss of life?

Urborg Syphon-Mage?

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Hm, do you remember any details about this card? The closest thing that comes to mind is Sorin Markov, who has a nice life-stealing ability and the bonus of a Mindslaver ultimate. Was this card an artifact. Did it hit all opponents the way Syphon Soul does? Was it damage or loss of life?

Urborg Syphon-Mage?
Urborg Syphon-Mage indeed. Even the name instills fear in most opponents!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Update:
I added 2 of the Urborg Syphon-Mages. and I do need to get multiple copies of the Wound Reflection. I has won me this months multiplayer game.
Oh what an epic battle. Never, in multiplayer, go to powerful to fast, it forces the other players to take you out and untilize wound reflection.
A relentless Rats deck coundn't go fast enough to stop the mob from taking them out.
The turn 2 Blood Seeker had something to do with it....

Thanks for all the help.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Holy thread necro, batman! It's funny looking at the decklist, in the meantime I've build a Glissa the Traitor EDH deck with a lot of similar cards. I'll throw some of the features here:

Triggers on "Whenever a creature dies"
Harvester of Souls
Mimic Vat
Blade of the Bloodchief
Falkenrath Noble
Blood artist
Ogre Slumlord (fun with Crypt Rats+Scythe of the Wretched!)

Triggers on "Whenever my creature dies..."
Butcher of Malakir
Grave pact
Dark Prophecy
Pawn of Ulamog

Together with a sacrifice engine to provide fodder:
Nether traitor
Reassembling skeleton
Gravecrawler
Nim Devourer

As for your life-gain/drain theme, I run Grim Feast, but that's not in your colors. Blood Artist and Falkenrath Noble surely fit the theme, and I'd consider them an upgrade over Blood Seeker.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Blood Artist and Falkenrath Noble are great.
Blood artist is a great low cost creature that the deck really needs.
Pawn of Ulamog is also useful
Thanks

Killer Joe

Moosie; I have a Mimic Vat & 2 Blade of the Bloodchief, maybe we can finally square up the Cabal Coffers you gave me a couple years ago. Lmk