WWYT w/a twist?

E

EricBess

Considering I've watched 1 NFL football game in my entire life...

R

rokapoke

Considering I've watched 1 NFL football game in my entire life...
Well, I just hope it wasn't yesterday's Pro Bowl. Exceedingly dull, for such a high scoring game.

I must say I'm surprised that a 41-year-old male has not been more exposed to the NFL. Apparently we spend our Sunday afternoons in the fall participating in very different activities.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> I couldn't name a lot of NHL or NBA teams. Barely any baseball teams, but only because I collected baseball cards 25 years ago :)

R

rokapoke

Somehow I think that Hollywood has seen a pitch for a game show entitled "Googling for Answers." I dunno. You never can tell with TV shows these days.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Somehow I think that Hollywood has seen a pitch for a game show entitled "Googling for Answers." I dunno. You never can tell with TV shows these days.
That's an awesome idea. You have a built-in sponsor right there and if it's really popular, it's only a matter of time before the internet is flooded with intentionally misleading information that's provided simply to mess up contestants on the show. That is, assuming that the show's writers aren't themselves using Google to get the answers, which they probably are.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
And the results are in..... wow it was a close one
I think Oversoul is up again.....

here is the results:
EricBess: 22 (5)
Oversoul: 22 (5)
Turgy22: 21 (1)
Rokapoke: 20
Spiderman: 15

Totals:
Oversoul: 20
Turgy22: 19
Spiderman: 17
EricBess: 17
Mooseman: 15
DarthFerret: 11
Rokapoke: 8

Egypt Turgy Spidey Rokapoke EricBess Oversoul DarthFerret 6
South Africa Turgy Spidey Rokapoke EricBess Oversoul DarthFerret 6
Nigeria Turgy Rokapoke EricBess Oversoul DarthFerret 5
Ethiopia EricBess Oversoul DarthFerret 3
Sudan Turgy Oversoul 2
Kenya Turgy EricBess 2
Madagascar Rokapoke DarthFerret 2
Morrocco Spidey 1
Zimbabwe Spidey 1
Congo Spidey 1
Somalia Rokapoke 1

R

rokapoke

Well, I guess it's good that I didn't put Lesotho... but don't you people follow the news? Somalia is in it!

... or is that Sudan?

Well, somebody is voting for the southern half of their country to secede. And it's not the US this time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Somalia hasn't had a government for about twenty years, so they can't really vote to break their country up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, totally shut out of that one... but the scoring is wrong. Because three people tied for first, the next point value is just 1 which would go to turgy22, and so rokapoke would miss out on the points too.

R

rokapoke

List 5 famous dead historical women from history that are not living.
So that rules out zombies, since they must be dead and not living, right?

Wow, totally shut out of that one... but the scoring is wrong. Because three people tied for first, the next point value is just 1 which would go to turgy22, and so rokapoke would miss out on the points too.
Shh! Don't correct him when he's wrong in my favor!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, I don't get the scoring here.... can someone fix it?

BTW - I'd love to see someone list 1 famous dead historical woman that is living...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll fix it.

Here's a quick explanation:

Normally, if everyone has a different score in a round, the top 4 people get points - 5, 3, 2, 1. However, when there are ties, that takes away "slots" for points, so if two people tie for first place, they each get 5 points, but the "3 point slot" is taken away so the second highest only gets 2 points and the third highest gets 1 point, instead of 3 and 2 and the fourth highest would have gotten one. So because three people tied for first in the last round, they each get 5 points, but the "3 point" and "2 point" slots are taken away, leaving the second highest with 1 point.

D

DarthFerret

The scoring is a bit wrong, unless 11 + 5 = 11. he he. I think you forgot to add my 5 points into my total score.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, I think I grabbed an earlier version of the points...... I think I fixed it now
Man, Don't ever ask me to run this all by myself.... random number generation may be better than what I'm doing.
here is the results:
EricBess: 22 (5)
Oversoul: 22 (5)
Turgy22: 21 (1)
Rokapoke: 20
Spiderman: 15

Totals:
Oversoul: 16 + 5 = 21
Mooseman: 20 = 20
Turgy22: 18 + 1 = 19
Spiderman: 17 + 0 = 17
EricBess: 12 + 5 = 17