Your favorite Lhurgoyf?

I

Istanbul

Lhurgoyf (2GG)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Lhurgoyf has power and toughness equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards.
*/*

Revenant (4B)
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Revenant has power and toughness equal to the number of creatures in your graveyard.
*/*

Cantivore (1WW)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Attacking doesn't cause Cantivore to tap.
Cantivore's power and toughness are equal to the number of enchantment cards in all graveyards.
*/*

Cognivore (6UU)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Flying
Cognivore's power and toughness are equal to the number of instant cards in all graveyards.
*/*

Mortivore (2BB)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
B: Regenerate Mortivore.
Mortivore's power and toughness are equal to the number of creature cards in all graveyards.
*/*

Magnivore (2RR)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Haste
Magnivore's power and toughness are equal to the number of sorcery cards in all graveyards.
*/*

Terravore (1GG)
Creature - Lhurgoyf
Trample
Terravore's power and toughness are equal to the number of land cards in all graveyards.
*/*

Which is your favorite Lhurgoyf, and why?

Me, I have a soft spot for the last three. I can see Magnivore and Mortivore used in a R/G land destruction deck (most LD is Sorcery-speed, and Terravore benefits from it), and Mortivore is in a color known for offing creatures. Also, if this environment has taught me anything, it's that regeneration is pretty handy.

T

terzarima

*Sniff* Cognivore.

Mainly because he's so ridiculously overpriced and he's drawn by adam rex. Its so cute and cuddely.

C

Cateran Emperor

I'm all about the Mortivore.

"Ooh, look at me, I'm a large black creature that gets bigger as I kill things and gets pumped up from discards and Buried Alive. And I can regenerate, so no Ghitu Firing for you!"

Plus, he looks neat. He's a big hulking monster sneaking up to bite your head off. Or something.

Is it just me, or does Terravore look a wee bit too much like a mole?

L

Loafing Giant

Terravore and copper-leaf angel 2 in 1 combo effect.

heh!!

M

Mikeymike

Terravore, He's only 3 mana, has trample, and grows off of a very common graveyard item.

Expect to see him in the new generation of LD and/or Epicenter decks.

Mortivore is a very close 2nd due to his undeniable superiority over the original Lhurgoyf. Plus, black has an easier time getting creatures into the graveyard than green does.

Also, I agree w/ Istanbul and think Magnivore is better than most people think he is. This is an environment full of sorceries.

All in all, I like the Lhurgoyf's better and better each day.

C.E., I think Terravore is supposed to look like a mountain range come to life...although he does look like a mole.

A

artifact

My favorite is the original Llurgoyf. He was a mainstay in my ice age/alliance deck. It was centered around Jokulhaups. Tinder walls and elves for fast mana. Enough to cast 'haups early with enough mana to cast a creature after it went through. The best was to cast out a Llurgoyf especially with all those elves and tinder walls just recently put into the graveyard. That combo won me many of tournys back in the day.

Btw Llurgoyf's power and toughness is */*+1.
:)

T

Turtlewax Joe

I like Canivore just cos I like a card that FEEDS off a good quick instant like disenchant. It can also hang on defense cos of that not tapping ability.
I prefer the original one just because it is far superior...and people never yelled at me for pronouncing it: LUGE-ER-HOFF in stead of LURE-GOIF. that's always fun to mispronounce things in magic.

T.J.

I

Istanbul

Cantivore is cool, but the problem is that it's destined to be small. There aren't many sacrifice-for-a-cool-effect enchantments out there anymore, especially for white, and even if you use two Disenchants on enchantments it's only a 2/2. That's small.

T

theorgg

I like the original Lurgoyf. It's from Ice Age, and it's got some of the best art of all of 'em. Magnivore comes close, but I think that it is a bit too weak for some beatings.

From what I've seen, Cantivore would be only a little better at just a W or (1)W.

what you say?