WWYT: Question 8 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice set of answers; everyone put down China and Japan.

Answers:

China 9
Japan 9

Korea 6
Vietnam 6

India 4

Taiwan 3

N. Korea 2
Russia 2
Thailand 2

1 pts: Cambodia, S. Korea

I didn't separate out the players who just said "Korea" into a "North" and "South" because this is WWYT and obviously a lot of people thought others would put Korea. EricBess was thinking more people would put down "Hong Kong" even though it's part of China but no one did... but he missed the points by 1.

Scores this round:

Mooseman: 34 (5)
BigBlue: 33 (3)
Limited: 32 (2)
TomB: 32 (2)
EricBess: 31
Melkor: 30
train: 29
Ransac: 27
DarthFerret: 25

And Mooseman takes the lead!

Overall Scores:

Mooseman: 20
Ransac: 18
Limited: 17
EricBess: 12
TomB: 12
DF: 9
Melkor: 6
BigBlue: 5
TomB: 5
train: 4

L

Limited

Man!
I was going back and forth between Thailand & India, but ended up on Thailand :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ha, I knew that more of you would forget that Korea has a North and a South.....
I was worried that people may forget that India is in Asia.....

L

Limited

I knew about North & South, but also guessed people wouldn't bother to choose between them...

I also considered Iraq en Afghanistan, but figured people wouldn't associate them with Asia.

T

train

Others actually said Russia...

sheesh.. I didn't put it because I figured it wouldn't be associated...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
How could very few people say Russia!?!?!?!? It's ONLY the largest country in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

I just don't understand why no one would use thier geography knowledge to put both N and S Korea......:rolleyes:

B

BigBlue

I didn't put Russia, because I didn't think others would... when I think Asia... I think Oriental countries first... Which was what I expected from others... I didn't list Indonesia, but I sort of expected it to appear...

As far as Korea goes... I know there's a N & a S Korea... but most people refer to it as Korea still...

Melkor

Well, Russia is culturally European, and partially geographically a European country as well. Curse all you people on your Korea choice, you should have picked one or the other. You are just contributing to the geographic ignorance of our country. I think when Spiderman does U.S. States, I'll list Dakota and Carolina first and second. I love traveling to Dakota. All those great cities and activities in that state. Fun fact, one of the reasons we do have two Dakotas was to help the Republican Party politically with the extra Senators and extra electoral college votes.

E

EricBess

Ransac said:
How could very few people say Russia!?!?!?!? It's ONLY the largest country in the entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why didn't anyone put Iran or Afganastan? They are both in Asia and they are in the news all the time.

I think the problem Ransac, is that "Asia" is a continent, but it is also a region of the continent and when Spidey asks for Asian countries, people don't think of the Middle East, or of the former Solviet Union as "asian".

As for North and South Korea, the question really comes down to how people think of them. East Germany and West Germany, North Korea and South Korea....Regardless of whether or not they are separate countries, more people are probably just thinking "Korea". Based on the responses, that's either true or more people though it would be true. In this game, that's all that matters :D

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Instinctively, I put just Korea, but then I realized it should be either North or South, so I PM'd him back and told him North...That cost me a few points, I'm afraid...:(

Melkor

I almost put both, but then decided to take my chances with just North Korea. Never considered looking into the future and putting a re-united Korea instead.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually TomB, I kept the single Korea for you. You only said "North" if I needed clarification, which I didn't :) Otherwise you would have had less points...