WOTC from here on out...

T

train

Do you think WOTC will be letting us help "design" a card form here on out as they did, or let us vote on what stays and goes???

They haven't mentioned anything like this yet, so I wondered how you all felt...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess letting us design one card... voting on what stays or goes seems to be too big a logistical challenge.

C

Chaos Turtle

Mark Rosewater has said that they are already preparing the next "You Make the Card," so we will get a chance to do that again.

Whether they will let us vote on what stays or goes (I guess you mean for 9th edition) depends. It's two years away, and there was some negative reaction when it seemed like some of the votes were "set up" to -- what... confuse? annoy? whatever? -- get a certain result.

T

train

I think they should post the entire list for the set - with an alternate card for each listing and let us vote on all of them... Yeah - that's a bit much, but in 1 year - they'll be planing for 9th, as if they weren't already...

As for the card - I think the concensus should remain as voted... it was discouraging when we had to watch WOTC change our minds for us...:rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
I'm a little late in on this situation - when you say 'we' is this all Magic players, or Casual Players like us?

-Ferret

"...Copywrite 2002 WotC/CPA..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he means all Magic players (as there's not a lot of Casual Players (capitalized implies members of this site) and the previous voting was open to everyone.

As for the card - I think the concensus should remain as voted... it was discouraging when we had to watch WOTC change our minds for us
The problem with this is that you're probably going to end up with a broken card, especially since you don't know what else is in the set and what the other cards are. Playtesting usually finds out less obvious problems that can be seen right away. You might as well have players just submit homemade cards (and that's not gonna happen :) )

The list and an alternate might be a way to go, but I can already see people complaining about how even then they're restricted to those two choices... but it might be the best way to compromise in the long run. Honestly, I don't think that's going to happen either though :)

T

train

"That's It!!! I've had it!!! Load up the vans with Coat boys!!! We're going to get WOTC so wasted they won't remember who's in charge and we'll be running the show!!!... What do you mean we don't have any vans?!!! Well book tickets to Washington on Greyhound then!!!"

I hadn't thought about the playtesting and development side as much... but I think a list could be made so that we could vote on full sets... If I was dumb enough to start a petition, I would!...

:p