Worshiping the BUCS!

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Killer Joe
Post all cheesy Bucs propaganda HERE!
I've always liked them - even in their Dreamsicle colour days. I live in the area. They're the local team and I support them. They're not just one or two good players that everyone focuses on, but they're a great TEAM of players that work together to play the game well, have fun, and well...win. Last year they got a coach that fit their philosophy and instead of outright changing the team (except for Rob Johnson - let's not talk about Rob Johnson), but worked withinthe team to make the them stronger...

-Ferret

"...two hours to kickoff..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not saying yea or nay to the Bucs, I just want to point out that they happened to lose yesterday and are now 1-1 :p

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I'm not saying yea or nay to the Bucs, I just want to point out that they happened to lose yesterday and are now 1-1 :p
We had a bad day. Our special teams were unable to contain the rush of the Carolina defenders. They definitely proved that they have one of the best defenses in football...I wonder about those refs though...33 penalties between both teams? Many of them were bad calls and they actually MISSED a few penalites... Still, I'm not going to blame the loss on them. Some of our defenders missed some key tackles against the Panthers' RB Steven Davis and some of our receivers missed some catches that would have made the difference between scoring a TD or attempting a field goal (two of which were blocked).

-Ferret

"Of course, this time last year they were 1-1...."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I agree that it was close. And I wish I had taken their defense in the Fantasy League than the lousy Eagles... who apparently didn't live up to their pre-season billing of being in the top 5 defense :rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
Oh, I agree that it was close. And I wish I had taken their defense in the Fantasy League than the lousy Eagles... who apparently didn't live up to their pre-season billing of being in the top 5 defense :rolleyes:
When time comes to trade players or something try to get Peppers on your team...I see good things for him this year...

-Ferret

"Of course, I could say the same for ANY of the Bucs' defensive players...'

R

Reverend Love

Ferret

We need a new running back. Pittman just isn't cutting it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apollo made the defensive picks a team option rather than individual players this year, so I had to have the Philadelphia team as a whole be my defense. I dropped them and went for the Patriots? Seahawks? Can't remember now...

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Reverend Love
Ferret

We need a new running back. Pittman just isn't cutting it.
Don't even get me started about that! He should already be rotting in jail! Jones isn't too bad right now - as long as he gets a little room to run, he can get the job done...

-Ferret

"although, Johnson's doing a pretty good job of keeping the ball in the air..."

Ferret

Staff member
Okay. I won't gloat (too much) about yesterday's win, but you have to admit that Warren Sapp would be great on anyone's fantasy team right now...

-Ferret

"boing boing boing!"