Who Am I? Week 6 Answers and Results

B

Baskil

This week's answer was : Mick Foley

Day 1 Clue: I have been injured so many times that I have lost count. Someone had told me that I had over 400 stitches, more than nine concussions, and over seven broken ribs over my career.

There's about 30 other injuries (broken bones) that I could have mentioned, but this gives you an idea.

Day 2 Clue: I started out in the minor leagues like everyone else in my line of work. However, I didn't get discovered until my stint in Japan, where I was known for putting my body on the line to win.

Unless you are immune to brutality, don't watch Foley's stuff from Japan. Seeing a guy being bodyslammed into a pool of broken glass is enough to give most people nausea.

Day 3 Clue: I'm fairly sure that the Cauliflower Alley Club will honor me sometime in my lifetime for the groundbreaking work I have done.

Cauliflower Alley Club is a club to honor classic wrestlers. I think that Foley will be honored before he dies.

Day 4 Clue: I may have three distinct personalities, but my signature attack is the same.

Dude Love, Cactus Jack, and Mankind were all gimicks that Foley used while in the WWF and ECW. His attack, the Mandible Claw, is common among all three. As are his great interviews ;)

Day 5 Clue: When my career highlights are shown, a few specific things are shown: Falling off of a Steel Cage onto an announcer table, Barbed Wire/Firecracker matches with Terry Funk, and a tube sock.

The falling off of the Steel Cage was probably the most brutal bump I've seen Foley do. If you've seen it, you know what I'm taking about. In Japan, he used to do wierd gimmick matches with Terry Funk. And the tube sock is a reference to Socko, "The Dumbest Gimmick Ever".

Scores:
Looks like EricBess didn't get the 4 that he needed to win, so we have another week...
Ericbess - 23 (almost there)
Chaos Turtle - 21
Sammy Dead-O - 15
Melkor - 5
Apollo - 2
Gerode - 1
Salacious Crumb - 1
Spiderman - 0
Turd Cutter - 0

F

fuzzy510

Since I know nothing about professional wrestling, no wonder I didn't get this one!

S

Salacious Crumb

YEs! That thing about the sock gave it away! I WAS RIGHT! WOOHOO\

HOipa

G

Gerode

Yeah, Socko made it obvious to me. I don't follow wrestling closely, but I watch it when there's nothing else on. One would think there'd be a halfway watchable show during primetime...