When LOTR the movie will come out.... I'll be the first in line!!!!

A

arhar

I just saw a (relatively) new trailer at www.lordoftherings.net .... The movie looks AMAZING and so far it seems that they're going to great lengths trying to do justice to the book (if only they did that in D&D the movie... :mad: ) However, if they oink-up this movie as well, Peter Jackson's days are numbered!

T

terzarima

I think the director should smack you up the head for even cosidering comparing his movie to that horrible DnD movie. Sir IanMcKellen should beat the crap out of you too.

But I agree, IT IS going to be an amazing movie.

Z

Zadok001

I seriously considered taking up a fund from D&D players across the world to pay for the assassination of the director of that movie. When I began explaining the idea to my friends, they convinced me a mass effort to remove all involved would be a superior choice. :mad:

Regarding LotR. I think I'm a non-believer so far. I think they have a WONDERFUL opportunity here. This could be the best movie to come in YEARS, easily. But if they screw up... Well, they've got a mess on their hands that will take years to clean up. And unfortunately, past experience has me a bit worried. Whether it be Jurassic Park, which was good, but paled next to the book, or Relic, a brilliant book turned into a terrible horror flick, the movie-to-book transition is never an easy one.

I have hopes. But I have fears, too. I will be camped out, though, regardless. :)

A

arhar

Actually, violent and slow death of Marlon Wayans would satisfy me. But not for long :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
First in line? You're going to have to beat up a lot of magic and D&D nerds(and I mean that in a good way) to keep your spot.

Arhar: I've been in line for twelve hours and need to use the restroom. Save my spot?

Nerd: NO WAY!!!!!! YOU LEAVE THE LINE, YOU LOSE YOUR SPACE!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Z

Zadok001

Do any of your newspapers run "Foxtrot" on Sundays? It's a strip about your normal comic strip family. About two months ago, they ran a strip that featured two of the family's kids setting up to camp out of LotR. The strip ended with the line "This popcorn has unlimited refills, right?" :)

A

Apollo

I think 2 months is about right. And Zadok, I can't believe you can remember that off the top of your head...

C

Chaos Turtle

Wow. I haven't read comics pages in ages. Foxtrot was one of my favorites.

Z

Zadok001

Hey, the top of my head happens to be an infinite well of useless information ranging from perfect recollections of Q's insults in "All Good Things" to the atomic weight of calcium chloride. :p

T

terzarima

Speak of the Devil, I don't suppose anyone read today's fox trot :)

A

Apollo

I saw that and thought of Zadok and cracked up. My friends all looked at me funny.:)