What as a mtgo handle

D

Doombringer

I'm am almost definately going to be getting magic online(from the core game starter set) and want to know if I should use plain old Doombringer as my handle. I know that when I am on halo miltiplayer that some names give me a certain impression about the person using them. If I see Neo or Killer or some popular show/comic book/movie character, I immediately think the player is a noob(and usually is). while other names go over really well, like the ones that take advantage of kill announcements (seeing "you killed YOUR DOG", closely followed by"WHO was killed by A DIVERSION" can usually get a smile). Where do you think mine stands? Too stupid sounding? Should I make a different one or add something to good 'ol Doombringer?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say keep Doombringer. Then people know who you are from the message board and you're consistent.

T

train

Doombringer sounds good - if available...

If not available, something like "your momma's boy" would be interesting...

O

orgg

Doombringer works, or if it's taken (possibly) and you want to join up with the CPA's clan(run by me, and with just about every CPA member in it that's on MOL), you could use the alt of Doombringer CPA or CPADoombringer. I belive that Ferret used that trick, since his generic name was taken. I have to use 'CPAlliance The Orgg' as mine, as that damned Timmyling took 'The Orgg' during the original Beta...

I

Istanbul

ElvishNachos
Beelzebot
PerpetualNewb
TheEvilShuffler
AsleepAtKeyboard
TapUntap
CPAlliance Doombringer
Kamigawawawawa
Name
DumbAsMud
Skullchump
MagicTheBothering

Feel free to use any of the above, or make your own. :)

N

Notepad

I really suggest, if you want to sound like a veteran who knows his stuff...

Undocumented Bug 34098
Bug 34098
Incoming Server Crash
Incoming Crash
Server Crash
System Error

Someting like that. It would get you a ton of laughs if you came into the room and saw:

"Incoming Server Crash has joined the queue" or "System Error opens the third pack" or "Bug 897 is still drafting"

If I were making a new account, I would certainly go for one of those names. Already have Sefro and Silenry, in case you want to message me.

D

Doombringer

I could put CPA like a clan I'm in, say: {CPA} d00mbringer :D

Also, I called the card shop last night and they said they had the core game starter, so I go there today and find that they ACTUALLY have the seventh edition one, which is devoid of MTGO. I'm really starting to lose faith in that store. . . .

N

Notepad

Man, that totally sucks. Can you go to a Walmart or a Target? The ones in my area always have spare Core Games on hand. Also, you could order from places like Star City. Probably a much better prospect to do so.

D

Doombringer

ok, I livew in a small town, duncan, which only barely qualifys as a city. I think it has one 5 story skyscraper. There are no targets in my area, and the wal mart was never heavy on magic. There is another store, in my opinion a better one, but its currently understocked, and if I got both places to order it, one would be stuck with an unsold product. Lol, I think tensions are high, because one store owner called the other(the better one) a deadbeat.

N

Notepad

Are you still having problems getting that disc? If you are, I can just send you a burned copy. Not like WotC would mind me pirating free software. Hell, you need to make a purchase from them to use it, anyway. If burning doesn't work (I know some companies like Blizzard actually anti-burn-copy protect their discs--but doubt WotC did that with MTGO discs), I can just send you my original disc. Its a version one disc, one of the originals from when the game came out, so you'd be in for one long night of patch downloads.

Still, the game is very good, very fun, and well worth the download wait.

Need a free CD?

D

Doombringer

Actually, I think that won't work.I already have a version of MTGO, I think its the account that I need to buy. Maybe the disc has a free account on it, but your probably using it. And anyways, one of the reasons I want the package is because the disc comes with real cards and credit for the same cards online. And my parents aren't too keen on using their credit cards to purchase stuff over the internet. so If I get the online cards from the package, I can have fun with them without having to buy with a credit card right away. In short, its okay, I can wait.