What are the laws concerning Death Threats?

H

Hetemti

If anything you say to anyone could possibly be misconstrued to be a threat in any way to any person, place, thing, or entity; you can expect to be sued, beaten up, killed, sent to jail, and taught a lesson in love by Sarge, D-Cup, and Bubba.

Thank your local lawyer.

Z

Zadok001

Furthermore, unless the person you are targetting is a public figure (i.e., a household name), any public attack on them can get you sued for defemation of character. Or something like that. Isn't "justice" great?

A

Apollo

Am I the only one so far that knows what he's talking about?

Live in Minnesota, eh Melkor? Sorry, man. I know how I felt when we lost the Browns.

Z

Zadok001

I don't have a clue what he's chattering about. :) I just helped answer the question.

Melkor

Actually I'm in California but basically my entire family is originally from Minnesota. It just sickens me that billionaire owners need to crucify the fans because of their own incompetence. Carl Pohlad really takes the cake though, here is a billionaire who got his start by forclosing peoples homes during the Depression and now loves the fact that his fellow owners will give him 250 million in hush money for a 90 million dollar franchise. Its great because the Twins wouldn't even be in this situation if their owner wasn't such a greedy bastard who will just throw this cash on top of the pile and never use it for anything constructive.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Hetemti
If anything you say to anyone could possibly be misconstrued to be a threat in any way to any person, place, thing, or entity; you can expect to be sued, beaten up, killed, sent to jail, and taught a lesson in love by Sarge, D-Cup, and Bubba.
Either there must be one jail or everyone changed their name when they get there :D

Why use a death threat? Just write expressing your disappointment.

A

Apollo

Why use a death threat? Just write expressing your disappointment.
Methinks Melkor was merely using hyperbole to express his anger with the people in question. I don't think he was seriously considering threatening their lives.:)

To all: He's talking about Bud Selig, the Commissioner of Major League Baseball, and Carl Pohlad, the owner of the Minnesota Twins (for the time being). MLB has voted to contract its teams, and the Twins are most likely gone. This is supposedly because of the lack of attendance and the unwillingness of Minnesotans to build a new stadium. Of course, these things are because Pohlad is an idiot who has no business owning a Major League franchise. He puts no money into his team, which is consistently the lowest-paid into the league. He has had no interest in putting a competitive team on the field, and as such, Minnesotans have refused to pay him huge amounts of money for squat. So now he's taking his little franchise, which is worth absolutely nothing, and is getting $250 million for it from MLB, and actually had the nerve to pretend to vote "no" to contraction, when it's actually the thing he wants most. And the sad thing is, he's doing it at a time when the Twins are getting good (despite Pohlad's best efforts).

So that is why Melkor is pissed.