What are Referrals??

W

whiteknight11

Are refferals like ref checkers on MOTL?? I am just curious because as I look around, I see zero for most of them. PLEASE, let me know, Thanks.

-whiteknight11

A

Apollo

They're people that will vouch that you made a good trade with them. A person with lots of refs is usually a trustworthy trader.

However, this isn't the place for this... new threads aren't started in Classic Questions. If you just made it, it's not classic, is it? ;)

N

Nightstalkers

New guys, you gotta love the way they clutter up the cluttered halls of the CPA...

What are some questions with obvious answers???

Example:

What was the color of Washingtons white horse?

If a passanger jet carrying 300 people takes off from Boston headed for New York and crashes in between, there are no survivors. How many graves do the rescue workers dig for the survivors?

T

train

Just be careful of the above... hard questions like that can toll a person's mind...:p

And since you had to ask about refs, and there's not an actual new questions forum... CPA issues might be a good spot next time...;)

But they are as apollo said... And personally - I'm not sure how to leave them besides saying I've traded with that person in the trading post thread...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
They're people that will vouch that you made a good trade with them. A person with lots of refs is usually a trustworthy trader.

However, this isn't the place for this... new threads aren't started in Classic Questions. If you just made it, it's not classic, is it? ;)
I mean, about whether this is a Classic question or not. What with all the times people have asked this one, it almost might as well be one...LOL!

Seriously though, I believe the referrals are for people you've turned on to the CPA. They say they were referred by you when they sign up, then you get credit for a referral. It's really not all that big of a deal.

And just so you know, whiteknight11, Apollo is right about the forum thing. Please do not start new threads in the Classic Questions forum - it is a place that is basically reserved for informational threads that have been brought up time and time again, and by keeping them separated out we make it easy (well, easier) for someone new to find and contribute to the older threads, thus keeping all our responses together.

Together is nice, isn't it? :D

W

whiteknight11

I know I posted this but I am still really confused about them. :confused: When you do a trade, do you send a referral to that person's email address?? Or is it just something that adds up automatically.. I am really confused...Please let me know, Thanks

-whiteknight11

M

Mazzak

When you show someone the CPA and they sign up citing you as their referrer, that's when you get a referral. It has nothing to do with trades.

I think you have the word Referral confused with "reference" which is the title for someone with whom someone has made a good trade, and would be willing to vouch for them in any future transactions.

T

train

See - I didn't think I knew what was going on... that's why I mentioned the referrals thread in the trading post...

K

Killerbob

What are some questions with obvious answers???
What was the color of Washingtons white horse?
In Denmark we have a tricky variation of this: What was the color of King Christian the 10th white horse, when he crossed the former german border, to celabrate the reunification of Northern Slesvig to Denmark?
I dont know if this was grammatically correct, but the answer is brown. They couldnt find a white one, so they had to paint a brown one white!

N

Nightstalkers

sure that is good and all. Why do you still insist on telling bad jokes?

if you still like to see junky comedy try www.homestarrunner.com

enjoy!!!

p.s. yes, we are losing our collective minds