What a load of...

R

Rando

I sign up for the Guru program *8* months ago. :)
2 months later, I get an e-mail saying there will be a delay in getting me my kit. :(
And then today, I get another e-mail saying that it's canceled all together! :(

...just thought I'd rant a bit.

OK, I'm done now.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The guru program was scrapped because members wouldn't do what they were supposed to do(teach new people) and they just joined for the promotional items.

Ransac, cpa trash man

I

Istanbul

Actually, I taught people. So MANY people that I have the Island and Plains. Looks like they're gonna skyrocket in value...:)

R

Rando

I, on the other hand, recieved JACK, and thus taught no one.

H

Hetemti

I love special lands and I still didn't care enough to preach Starter. I really hate that name...makes beginners think they should start learning to play with those cards...very very misleading.

D

Daggertooth

I signed up 4 months ago and got squat. At the scoutcamp I work at I taught about 1/16 of the staff to play. We had staff magic night and other stuff. I was looking forward to the kit so I could teach new staffmembers. (not that I would need it :D)

Daggertooth

C

Cateran Emperor

I signed up last June and heard absolutely nothing. I never even got my nurfin' kit. Just today, I get a notice that Guru was discontinued.

I'd honestly forgotten that I'd even signed up for Guru! Awfully nice of them hrm?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

me too, i signed up around June, never got my kit, and then was told that i ain't gonna get it cause the freakin' program is being trashed..........venting over

T

theorgg

I was Guru #4772.

I was ambassador #136842.

I was saddened today when I recieved that letter.

I know that the "product" that was sent to the students wasn't that great-- they got land and some generic cards that could be used untill they got better, about a month's worth of time. However, for some, the product kept intrest in the game high enough to keep trying and get into the game.

I taught nearly three books worth(lacking one sheet) worth of people during the Poke'boom, people who had been forced out of the single-elim tournament and wern't getting picked up untill a couple of hours later, and two stacks worth of Ambassador cards during the summers it was active.

The shameful part is that I "only" got two sets of the special lands for the work- and a shirt that was four sizes too small for me. I also got my first set ripped off of me for a set of the Arena lands... damn lying Sharks.

Guru was a program that helped people get land and a primitive life total. However, it also gave people pride in the game they play,for a while at least. The sad part is when jerks began wrighting down phonebooks worth of information and basically "Stealing" the lands that should have gone to the honest folk.

I honestly will miss it, though I expected that they would officially cancil it soon. I contacted a person at the place, and they told me that they did not have enough product to supply the several thousand people that signed up, or the space to store the ones that were "returned to sender." THAT should tell you somthing...

Requesat In Pace, Guru Program(1999-2001, Ambassador 1997-1998)

:(