We need someone to play Melkor's deck in the drafting challenge...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As you know if you're in the draft, all the picks have been made and building decks is all that remains before the tournament.

Since Melkor is leaving us, we have a few options as to what to do with his cards from the draft.

1. We can cut him from the draft and continue with five players, which is what I suppose we would do if this were a really serious draft, but this isn't. It is the simplest option and the only drawback is having fewer players.

2. Someone else on the boards can take over for him. I'd like to get Melkor to build a deck with his cards, which the person taking over can then edit if desired. The person taking over would be at a disadvantage, not having been involved in the actual draft and so having less of an idea what to expect. This is the option I'd prefer at this point, but it requires a volunteer...

3. I know a lot of people that can play Magic, even if they haven't done it in a while or don't own cards. I could probably push Melkor's deck onto a friend. If it's either this or cutting it down to five players, I'm not sure which I'd pick. I'd like some input on this...

D

DarthFerret

I think turgy jumping in is a pretty good idea! Even if it diminishes the odds of my finishing in 5th place! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo-hoo!

I hope it won't be a problem, but I am also going to be gone for two weeks starting Monday and will be back 7/10. Maybe I can have the first bye though? Unless we're playing multiple matches at the same time with our decks... in which case, I can just catch up when I get back?

D

DarthFerret

Maybe Spidey needs to get a Laptop to take with him! Wireless Internet is everywhere nowadays!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but all of my decks and stuff is my work computer and I'm too busy trying to tie up work-related loose ends to make sure I copy everything over. Besides, I think I'm gonna be too busy with the kids to concentrate on Internet stuff :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I doubt he'll catch this until he's back from vacation (or whatever), but if so...

Spidey, check the other thread.