Verdant Succession/Heat Stroke deck needs help

J

Jigglypuff

Hi!

I recently picked up 4 Verdant Successions, went home, grabbed my Weatherlight cards and threw together this little deck:

4 Verdant Succession
4 Heat Stroke (WL rare, destroys creatures that blocked or were blocked at the end of each combat)
4 Taunting Elf
4 Birds of Paradise
3 Spike Feeder
3 Spike Weaver
4 Repopulate
4 Blastoderm
3 Thorn Elemental
3 Creeping Mold
3 Gaea's Blessing
3 Druid Lyrist
4 Taiga
18 Other lands, mostly Forests, a couple of Mountains, open to other suggestions

I usually do okay mana-wise, but I have had problems with the lack of good early plays and heavy burn (though the Feeders help a little).

Thanks for any suggestions and comments!
(- Steve -)

G

Gizmo

See, now I like:
Verdant Succession + Gravebane Zombie + Goblin Bombardment.

You know, that looks very familiar.... :)

G

Gizmo

And, of course, some way of turning the Gravebane Zombie green.

/me wishes he had read the card before opening his mouth.

Verdant Succession + Mortuary then.

And a green creature.
That can sac.
Like a Spike Feeder.
Or a Tinder Wall.

M

Mikeymike

Damn, we really do have similar play tastes. Besides Mirari, Verdant Succession was the other card I went and snagged 4 of as quickly as I could.

I put together a type 2 VS deck, but I'm thinking about creating a Type 1/Casual version. The idea I had in mind (which could work very well with your deck too) would be to run things like Natural Orders and Deranged Hermits, as both cards are strong with the VS. For recursion I was thinking about Soldevi Digger and/or Barishi, but I forgot about Repopulate. Of course Beserk would have to be included too :D.

Savage Twister would be neat in here. Wipe out all creatures (except the biggest ones) but you get all of your back.

Blastoderm + VS = Unfair

Mike