USPS is in shambles

R

rkoelsch

I really tried to continue trading as normal but I can't take it anymore. I have people emailing me asking if I sent. letters that should take a couple days taking weeks and it isn't consistant.
This is driving me nuts. I am going to give up trading on line til things get better. Who knows how long that will be.

PS I know this is kind of petty but it still irks me.

M

Mikeymike

Yeah, I'm having a lot of problems too. I've got things I sent over a week ago that haven't gone their scheduled 500 miles and I have about 8 things I'm still waiting for.

It sucks, but its not the USPS's fault. The mail is up-side-down b/c of the Anthrax fears and the postal investigations that are going on. If we start boycotting (or unintentionally boycotting) USPS service we are only going to make matters worse for them and for our economy.

This is the new world we live in.

R

rkoelsch

I'm not really blamely the post office. I am just venting. Here is a funny story.
I did a trade with a guy in California about 2 weeks ago. Because he had less references he sent first. I received the cards and had his cards all set to send. I pull cards for trades and put them in envelopes and keep them in a drawer at work ready to mail. Well received an email that he hadn't received the cards. I checked my binders and I checked the drawer and I didn't have them so I told him I sent them. After a few more days he sends an email saying he still hadn't received them. He was very nice about it and understanding but I couldn't see with all the uproar that it would take 2 weeks to get from Ohio to California. But you never know. So it is kind of slow today and I decided to clean out my briefcase. In a pocket I almost never use is this guys envelope all addressed and sealed. I could just die.
I got it to the post office and mailed it. I know I should have sent it priority but 3.50 is a little much. Oh well It is just the kind of days I have been having lately.

R

rkoelsch

Now I do have a beef with the Post Office. I just received the envelope from Greece that I was waiting on a month. EMPTY!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: No foil Glorius Anthem, No Foil Rolling Stones, No Foil Sunweb. The envolope was inside a baggy all torn with the F***ING apology on it. AAAARGH!!!!!!

ps In case you couldn't tell this is a vent.

I

Istanbul

Oh, MAN. That doth truly suck.

You have my sincere condolences. Sounds like somebody needs a whuppin'!

T

terzarima

That why I always put a note in to somewhat hide the fact I'm trading cards. Mikeymike knows this, and I think I did it when I traded with you... but I can't remember.... Its just one pre-caution I take that increases the chance of my cards gettin' over there... *sigh.

R

rkoelsch

Ademis22 You really think that someone in the post office stole the cards? I guess theives are everywhere but that would have been my last thought.

As an update I went to my local PO and they gave me a form to fill out. Great that gives me a lot of hope. What really pisses me off is that none of the cards were worth that much(except for the foil Glorious Anthem) so if someone did open the letter with the intent to steal they probably threw the cards away.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What happened was probably the envelope got caught in the sorting machine (which is why I think people should be sending them in the padded envelopes, at the very least) and it got mangled. I'm not sure why the cards aren't in there; either someone DID steal them or they got mangled too and perhaps fell out. And they might have fallen away from the envelope, so if someone saw the disfigured mess, they wouldn't have connected it with the envelope.

C

Captain Caveman

Good News.:D :D :D :D

I got your cards today. They made it through the US Mail Service.

Hopefully you'll get the ones I sent, tomorrow.

I can't believe how fast I got them:)

R

rkoelsch

Okay so I am filling out this report for the missing cards and I come to a box called value. Whenever I trade it has always been a very subjective thing. I would like some other opinions as to what I should put as the value of these cards.

Foil Glorious Anthem
Foil Sunweb
Foil Rolling Stones
Foil Breath of Life
Foil Sage Owl
Foil Aven Cloudchaser
Rolling Stones

M

Mikeymike

My thoughts are...

$15-18 - Foil Glorious Anthem
$6 - Foil Sunweb
$5 - Foil Rolling Stones
$5 - Foil Breath of Life
$1 - Foil Sage Owl
$1 - Foil Aven Cloudchaser
$2 - Rolling Stones

D

Darkstar

Yeah tell me about it! Vcodrarin received my cards, but ive been waiting for his about six months now. Wait a minute...