UK Nationals, this weekend

M

Major Crime

Over this coming long weekend (Monday is a holiday) the UK Nationals (or part of) is being played in the sports center in my town. I'm going to go along to play the side events & the pre release. I'll report back on how badly :rolleyes: I did on Tuesday.
Should be fun as I've only ever played in Store Tournies & League Pre-releases before.

[Edited by Major Crime on May 26th, 2000 at 03:57 AM]

G

Gizmo

Hi,
You don`t actually know anywhere in Guildford I could crash, do you? The incredible timing of WotC UK has managed to hold the UK Nationals within 50 yards of the Surrey County Fair, thus booking out every hotel and guesthouse in a 20 mile radius of the venue.
Although having said that there is also a Women`s athletics meeting being held at the same venue as the Nationals, so maybe WotC do know what they are doing after all. All those muscley thighs...
:D

M

Major Crime

Have you tried the YMCA? It maybe too short notice for them, but they might have ideas about guest houses.

The County Show is only on Monday, from what I remember from other years.

M

Major Crime

Try this link http://www.guildfordborough.co.uk/pages/tourism/accomo/accomo.htm
It's to the local councils listing of hotels, for access to buses the post house or the YMCA are best. Any B&B's on Stoke road are within 10 minutes of the Spectum.

Or if you know Guy Drew (maybe Brew, I'm no good with names) also known as Cheify, Gordin Benson, or David Weeks, who all have been doing Tournies for years, they maybe able to help as they are all local or going to be here. Sorry I do not know their emails or team web sites.

If you see a mad Scrub swinging a bike pump at a group of under 12's it will be me having a go at the Pokoman players, after lossing to them in a freindly match :eek: