UGW Wake of Justice

Killer Joe

I recently won the the 2005 season of GASP's Multiplayer Magic League this past Saturday (I am unsure if I'll post it as a tournament report on the front page).

Anyhow, I assembled the old 2004 World Championship Wake Deck and re-tooled it for multiplayer. I don't know the original list now but I kept the concept the same; gain board control, draw lots of cards to find answers and cycle a Decree of Justice for a mass amount of Soldier Tokens and swing next turn.

Here's my list:

Land
2 Flooded Strand
2 Forest
4 Island
4 Krosan Verge
2 Plains
2 Savannah
2 Temple garden
4 Tropical Island
1 Tundra
2 Vitu-Ghazi, the City Tree

Spells
4 Accumulated Knowledge
4 Counterspell
1 Cursed Totem
3 Dismantling Blow
3 Decree of Justice
1 Doubling Season
3 Fact or Fiction
3 Mirari's Wake
3 Moment's Peace
2 Pulse of the Fields
1 Regrowth
4 Rewind
4 Wrath of God

Although I didn't win the December game I did manage to pass up the first place point-leader and beat him by two points in the overall standings. With this deck I placed 4 points and gain 5 kill-points. The key to changing this deck was to make it be able to control lots of players instead of one.

The MML rules for Banned and restricted are really loose so I took full advantage of using as many dual lands as I could so that was the first noticeable change, another was I added in Doubling Season. this proved to be 'key' in my strategy, I was able to take out several players at a time. At one point I had 72 Soldier Tokens in play and they all had +1/+1 from the Mirari's Wake.

This was a 9 player game and I made it to the last three except that I decked myself otherwise I may have won the game as well. I'm playing it again at a gathering that I'm having at my house this weekend but I'm thinking about adding in:

Erayo, Soratami Ascendent and Arcane Laboratory (No Chant on a Scepter though :rolleyes: )

M

Mikeymike

Any room for good old Time Stretch?

Another mass token generator, like Mobilization or Centaur Glade, could be helpful too.

Finally, Consider swapping out 1 or 2 WoG's for Hour of Reckoning, since in this deck it can be abused so disgustingly.