UBR Land Destruction

J

jcredberry

I loved Wildfire... And now is back!!! My team has designed this UBR Land Destruction deck and it has shown some pontential... It's very good against control decks... I like it and I will like your feedback...

Card Qty Cost
Wildfire 3 4RR
Stone Rain 4 2R
Pillage 4 1RR
Tectonic Break 1 XRR
Obliterate 1 6RR
Brainstorm 4 U
Fact or Fiction 3 3U
Nether Spirit 3 1BB
Chimeric Idol 3 3
Seal of Fire 4 R
Fire Diamond 3 2
Recoil 3 1BU
City of Brass 3
Sulfurous Springs 3
Rishadan Port 4
Mountain 9
Island 5

Our main concern was to have creatures that can handle the Wildfire damage... We thought that Shivan Dragon was the best, but very easy to kill and very hard to cast... Then the Nether Spirit-Chimeric Idol interaction was not a bad idea... The Idol is not a creature on your graveyard, so it was easier for the Spirit to get out of the graveyard...

Next priority was to have the correct land destruction card for the right situation... Vampiric Tutor was not the answer because is not included on 7th Edition... Fact or Fiction was the answer, but alone??? No way, we wanted to have have a Rishadan Port by second turn and a 3cc land destruction card by third turn... Brainstorm was the card of choice... Just one mana and three cards is nothing you can easily forget when you need them fast...

I will like to have your comments about this deck, that is actually on playtest and has performed really good... I will like to have your sugestions for a good sideboard...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
More or less, this is an advanced Nether deck. I suggest getting a 4th Nether Spirit and put in 3 cremates. What to take out is up to you.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

galtwish

I'd keep it to two (castable) colors:
4 Wildfire
2 Obliterate
4 Seal of Fire
2 Hammer of Bogardan
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Nether Spirit
1 Mahamoti Djinn
4 Fact or Fiction
4 Fire Diamond
4 Sky Diamond
4 Tsabo's Web
4 City of Brass
8 Island
12 Mountian

SB
3 Scorching Lava
4 Disorder
4 Hibernation
4 Millstone

Glacial Walls (if they are still in) are a good consideration, but Spirits are stronger overall, even though Fires has an easier time "Falter"-ing (187 to put the Spirit in the GY for a turn) the Spirits. Cool deck overall.

Erik

E

Ekaquinox

Hammer of Bogardan isen't reprinted you can't play it and wildfire in the same deck in T2 Galtwish.

G

galtwish

Good call, my bad. Ghitu Fire is pretty good, or possibly Lightning Blast or Earthquake.

Erik