Green:
4 Skyshroud Elf
4 Elvish Piper
2 Skyshroud Claim
1 Explosive Vegetation

Lands
11 Forest (1)
10 Mountain (1)

the idea is to use a multitude of cards to get out an army of dragons on turn 2, 3, 4, 5, etc until they cannot push back the rush.

Don't be afraid to sacrifice most of your lands for the kill.

Explosive Vegetation is good put lands come into play tapped.. plus i sac forests from luberjack so skyshroud is in most cases better.

Dragonspeaker is better than his green alternative.

use piper or quicksilver to play dragons as a last resort, most of the time there are better options.

N

NorrYtt

Since the Orcish Lumberjacks are pretty invaluable, I suggest trying Goblin Clearcutter as well for redundancy. An Onslaught Block Dragon deck made good use of them.

This deck reminds me of this guy's Orcish Squatter deck. It was monored but used Forests with Orcish Lumberjack to power them out and win.

F

Force of Will Smith

The lumberjacks are. Clearcutter costs 4 though.. By the time i have that much mana dragons are coming out on a turn by turn basis.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This looks to be an efficient way of busting out the fat dragons...

It looks like it might be a bit too vulnerable though...

F

Force of Will Smith

Well, it's suicide.. and you pump out 1 dragon.. then 2, then 1-2 more... a couple turns pass.. then 1 more..

Typically how a game goes... I think if youre opponent can withstand an onslaught of 10 dragons starting on turn 3.. i think they deserve props..

seriously though you can be as reckless as you want with it.. its just that you have the option of going buckwild and blowing everything up for a t2 rorix or whatever 6cc dragon.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Force of Will Smith
Typically how a game goes... I think if youre opponent can withstand an onslaught of 10 dragons starting on turn 3.. i think they deserve props..
Why would a deck want to withstand it. They will try to kill you first or stop you from being able to do it. That's what I meant by vulnerable. Obviously it has offensive capabilities. That's not being questioned...

F

Force of Will Smith

well.. it has the lumberjacks.. the dragonspeakers, as well as the piper and the amulet...

So if you get any one of those out, you'll probably have a flood of flying beef.

I guess it can be potentially vulnerable but, it has lots of support. It's also performed pretty well.

T

train

Maybe Defense Grids so the opponent can't just "stop" you... to answer Oversoul's remark...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Defense Grid could do that against countermagic and maybe some other forms of disruption. I don't think this is a Defense Grid type of deck...

F

Force of Will Smith

it could help but, what i'm mainly concerned about is removal cards cast after the turn a creature hits play, before i get to use them for their ability. In which case, concordant crossroads or mass hysteria might actually be amazingly better.

R

Reverend Love

Hey FoWS,

What do you think about this?

Main Cards:
4 Dragon Storm

Dragons:
1 Bladewing the Risen
1 Rorix Bladewing
1 Crosis the Purger
1 Kokusho, the Evening Star
1 Dragon Mage
1 Shivan Hellkite
1 Darigaaz the Igniter

Spells:
4 Dark Rituals
4 Cabal Ritual
4 Seething Songs
1 Yawgmoth’s Will
2 Patriarch’s Bidding
4 Night’s Whisper

I literally just copy pasted an old outline of mine for a Dragonstorm deck. Any suggestions?

F

Force of Will Smith

Seething song and rituals are a must. Just keep in mind almost every time you play the cabal ritual it wouldn't have the threshold benefit.

you might want to consider artifact based acceleration since its 2 color, namely ruby medallion and urza's incubator. Pentad prism, and Gilded Lotus is another possibility, as well as Dragon Shaman.

With this decklist you would realistically cast dragonstorm for 2. I'd also drop the Crosis and Darigaaz seeing how without the storm, you'd never be able to cast them.

I also think the bidding won't get used.

Main Cards:
3 Dragon Storm
3 Urza's Incubator

Dragons:
2 Rorix Bladewing
2 Kokusho, the Evening Star
1 Bladewing the Risen
1 Two-headed Dragon
1 Shivan Hellkite

Spells:
4 Dark Rituals
4 Gilded Lotus
4 Seething Songs
1 Yawgmoth’s Will
4 Night’s Whisper

something along those lines is what i'd do.