U/W aggro-control

G

galtwish

I had a pretty sucessful U/W Angel deck before Planeshift (damn Flametounge Kavu), and I decided to try to rework it. Here's the current build:

4 Angelic Shield
2 Repulse
4 Seal of Cleansing
4 Defender en-Vec
4 Reviving Vapors
4 Fact of Fiction
4 Blinding Angel
4 Wave of Reckoning
2 Mahamoti Djinn
4 Terrain Generator
4 Adakar Wastes
2 Dust Bowl
10 Plains
8 Islands

With the SB solely anti-control
3 Disrupting Scepter
4 Chimeric Idol
4 Rootwater Thief
4 Rishidan Airship

The Angelic Shield was in the alpha build, but was quickly dropped, until FTK made 5+ toughness good again. Wave of WRECKoning is savagely one-sided against Fires, and the beatdown portion is pretty good againt CounterRebels and U/W millstone decks. It's actually fun to play a U/W big creature deck, and this almost plays like a draft deck. Interesting to note that this is similar to "White Wussie", a deck that was discussed many months ago. Here is a recap of that "classic" from Extended before Combo-Stroke ruined the environment for those who don't remember.

4 Mishra's Factory
4 Kjedoran Outpost
18 Plains
4 Swords to Ploughshares
4 Disenchant
2 Mangara's Blessing
2 Serrated Arrows
4 Icy Manipulator
4 Wrath of God
4 Gerrard's Wisdom
4 Blinking Spirit
4 Staunch Defenders
2 Avenging Angel

SB
4 Warmth
4 Karma
2 Tormod's Crypt
3 CoP Black
2 Mangara's Blessing

Just a nice little blast from the past that never lost to Sligh, Goblin Burn, or Necro...ah, bad when the opposing colors actually hated each other.

Erik

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, I'm guessing it's not an Angel theme deck anymore (if it was one before), because it doesn't have Serra Angel in it.
Voice of All might be helpful if you're afraid the Flametongue Kavu will disrupt your offense though...
Of course in this case you probably aren't.

Against Rebels you could try Waterspout Elemental (that is, if that isn't one of your favorable matchups anyway).