Turn the Tables

M

Mikeymike

Turn the Tables
Instant (R) - 3WW
All combat damage that would deal to you this turn is dealt to target attacking creature instead.

Yes, I'm playing mono-white. I'll fog...and kill one of your creatures.

Now this is a white card if I've ever seen one.

Yes, its expensive, but it's still goo.d

O

orgg

Just don't forget that the damage delt to creatures is ~NOT~ prevented. You can still block and kill even more creatures when you're playing this one. A limited BOMB to be sure, expecially in a color that doesn't seem to be that great in limited from what I've seen of the set(however, I've not played, so I don't know for sure).

As for basing a deck around it, I'd simply have a deck with every fog in white printed, and a few Howling Mines... and a couple Serra Angels, probably...

Matter of fact, a deck just like that of mine that was W/G came in second in a tournament once that was full of Fires decks. It was sweet.

Control took the top slot...
:confused:

N

Notepad

It is a crap card. There is much better white removal out there, even in T2. Fog effects are annoying, but not worth 5 mana...

M

Mikeymike

Great point orgg about being able to block. I hadn't even noticed that, and it makes the card even better.

SeFRo, this card most likely is crap in Type 2 (though I'd still consider messing with it), but this is an easily playable card in casual, especially MP. I should have specified that.

In a big Chaos game, are you willing to attack the guy you know is playing Turn the Tables when they've got 5 mana open? I'm not. It is a strong, sneaky effect when someone doesn't know about it. When they do know about it, it's like a Pit Bull behind an unlocked fence.

Just like Reflect Damage, this card will neuter unsuspecting players, often negating someone's alpha-strike while usually taking out their strongest creature.

N

Notepad

I just prefer to be the guy who's known as the one who hits opponent's decks and says "You have to concede now."

Yeah, all "Let the wookie win" style. Dig it! ;)

Cheaper on the mana curve, too.

T

train

Well... It's kind of like a vengeance/fog... so the price is about right...