Trading and Full Names

Q

Quill

Hello all

I have just recently began trading magic online again, and I'd like to ask about something i've noticed. Is it common for traders to give an address without a name...or to give a partial name along with the address? I've had this happen twice, since I started trading on these boards and I'm curious as to whether or not this is common and accepted. Do other cpa members ship cards to people without putting a name on the envelope? Am I being uber-paranoid about wanting a full name and address?

I must also say this is nothing against the traders who have given me an address w/o a name. One of them has mailed me giving full name, and I'm awaiting PM response from the other. I'd just like to hear others experience on this.

Q

R

rkoelsch

I have traded with a few people on this board. Only one person used a partial name and knowing his personality online it wasn't a surprise but the trade went through without a hitch and everything was good. I haven't had anyone who didn't give me their name at all. I would be leary of that too. I use my work address because I have had mail stolen from my mailbox. If you are concerned get references, no one should be offended by that and if they are they are probably rippers. Hope I helped.

Q

Quill

Thanks Rkoelsch, I guess I was just a bit surprised. I've had nothing but good trades here so no worries :)

Q

J

Jake74

So far, I haven't had anyone not give me their full name... I really have no idea why someone wouldn't give it...
I'm not sure if I would trade with them...
BTW, my first thought when I saw the one w/o the name was 'is he really gonna trade with him?'

I must be paranoid... :D

Q

Quill

<<I'm not sure if I would trade with them...
BTW, my first thought when I saw the one w/o the name was 'is he really gonna trade with him?' >>

LoL! I was pretty surprised by that too..hopefully everything will work out ok..I got a name later.

M

maraud234

You guys must be talking about me. I think I have a pretty good reputation, so trading with me isn't a risk. Normaly, I give my name, I probably just forgot to write it down. But I do agree with the paranoid Jake74, if someone I didn't know wanted to trade with me and didn't give their name, I would be scepticle. :eek: