T2 Peasant Magic

G

Gizmo

60 cards + 15 card sideboard. Allowed 5 uncommons everything else must be common, but T2 only. I want to get away from the curse of Affinity on Peasant Magic.

What would you play? I'm thinking that actually the Kamigawa stuff is pretty strong - the Hana Kami/Soulless Revival deck for instance. In fact a lot of Kamigawa has to be totally re-evaluated because it's been dominated by the rares (Jitte, Kokusho, Meloku, Keiga, Heartbeat) and in their absence other cards become more important. It also throws new light onto the Ravnica cycle, as with the Karoo lands and signets it's possible to play a 3c deck even not using Green.

So I'm asking the more creative among you... what would you play, what do you think the killer cards would be in a T2 Peasant format? I think Darkblast and Horobi's Whisper combine to make a black removal deck strong, but then the Izzet Guildmage/Desperate Ritual combo is still legal and you can still Transmute for it... does that become playable?

L

Limited

I know there two decks to look out for in Peasant Magic: Mr Stompy & High Tide. The latter makes me wanna play a lot of countermagic, the former you could handle with burn.
Then, adding the Izzet Guildmage combo is indeed a nice thought:

4x Drift of Phantasms
4x Izzet Guildmage

4x Condescend
4x Desperate Ritual
4x Glacial Ray
4x Lava Spike
4x Mana Leak
4x Prohibit
4x Reach through Mists

What I would play though? I would probably make some kinda Green beatdown/ untargetable deck..

4x Blastoderm
4x Humble Budoka
4x Jolrael’s Centaur
4x Nimble Mongoose

and back it up with some counterspells..