Surviving the Firestorm (MP)

C

Cateran Emperor

When I first saw Powerstone Minefield, an idea struck me: why not just keep blowing up the board, again and again? From that concept came this deck:

4 Powerstone Minefield
4 Caltrops
4 Aether Flash
4 Inflame
4 Inferno
4 Earthquake

4 Bloodfire Colossus (Mr. Inferno!)
4 Callous Giant

2 Story Circle
4 Ruby Medallion
1 Feldon's Cane
4 Jayemdae Tome
4 Thran Foundry
4 Urza's Rage

1 Wheel of Fortune
4 Enlightened Tutor

4 Plateau
4 Battlefield Forge
3 Maze of Ith
1 Kor Haven
14 Mountain
12 Plains

The idea is, as should seem obvious, to keep everything blowing up constantly in an attempt to keep your opponents incapable of attacking with his creatures. Then, you smash him with your Colossus, or continually recycle the same beast using the canes and such to burn your opponents into ashes simultaneously. The Callous Giants serve two purposes. First, they are immune to the various passive damage sources you have on the board. Second, they can bring an opponent down to the same level as everyone else, hopefully allowing you to Inferno/Colossus/Earthquake everyone out at once. Finally, if all else fails, you have a maximum of 20 Urza's Rages at your disposal thanks to the recyling artifacts, just the thing for those pesky blue mages.

I'm still looking for more ways to passively damage creatures. Any ideas?

K

krichaiushii

I never thought to use Callous Giant like that... I do like it, and might have to borrow the idea, if you don't mind.

I guess that Subterranean Spirit might not be all that passive, but he is a prored 3/3 that tremors when tapped.

Plague Spitter does it in black.

Pyroclasm and Steam Blast deal 2 to all, with Steam Blast hitting players, too. These are red. Tremor deals 1 damage to all groundpounder creatures.

That's all.