4 Exploration
4 Eladamri's Vineyard
LANDS
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Serra's Sanctum
4 Savannah
8 Forest
4 Plains

The basis for this deck is the incredible power of Auratog + Rancor + Enchantress. With this out, one green mana corresponds to one card drawn and a huge Auratog. Same goes for Faith Healer. The Yavimaya Enchantress is along as an efficient creature for this deck. Rancor and Brilliant Halo are the fuel for the engine. The Explorations and Vineyards are for quick mana, since mana equates to cards drawn. The Seals are for control and benefit everyone. The lands are focused on creating a large quantity of colored mana.

This deck is not very refined at all, straight off the press as is evident from the perfect division into thirds by card type and the fact that there a four of just about every card. Wild/Fertile/Rampant Growth could certainly be used in this deck, but I'm not quite sure what they would replace. I think the deck might need more land too, but once again, there isn't much I feel can be taken out. I don't have any of the cards I need to test this deck, so I have no idea whether it is conceivable or not. Please reply with any ideas.

-Daniel

A

Apollo

Arrgh! Stop that, Knight. It's just annoying.

I don't think you need the full complement of Halos, or if you need them at all. Whereas the Enchantresses are cumulative, you only need one recurring enchantment, and the enchantresses can help you find them. Maybe use a couple Worships, as those with an Argothian Enchantress is pretty good, and it's an enchantment to boot. I think you do need more lands, though I'm not quite sure what to put them in for. I'd put Growths or Fertile Grounds in for the Vineyards, as they're more versatile and only give you the mana when you want it.

Great idea you got there. I might try making it, if I can find me some 'Togs.

Apollo

D

Duel

I'll re-emphasize Worship in the deck, and beat zadok to this call: greater good. The more I play, the more I am convinced he's right, it IS vaguely broken. Use it, especially once you have a yavimaya enchantress topped out with recurring enchantments. Also, you may want to throw in spon/gen. Just a thought.

I

I8Piggo

[I think] I disagree with the proposal to take out the Brilliant Halos. I am actually shooting for a (god forbid) consistant tournament-type deck, and ifI can't get the main engine running, plopping these on a Yavimaya (or even a Verduan) can win the game all by itself. Worship is a very good idea, I'll try to fit a couple in, and definitely a few in the sideboard. I like Vineyards best, because they can hurt my opponent, and provide a bigger boost. Congregate: no way. Much better uses of a card slot here. If I had room for Congregate I could use Worship instead to much better effect. Seals of Strength seems nice, but the deck is a little too tight for them. And what is Festival of Trokken?
As for greater good, my immediate reaction was "wow". But...Greater Good, used with creatures that can attack, basically amounts to sacrificing offense for card draw, usually a very good trade. But here card draw is not a problem. The combo is not secure. A Wrath of God could ruin my whole day, even with the engine running. Greater Good, is most useful if I am in a winning position, and when this deck is winning, card draw is not what it needs. Offense is what it needs.
Thanks to everyone for their input. I think I will take out two Faith Healers and add two Worship.

M

Mundungu

I have been working earlier - but a lot - on a similar deck.

T2 legal and at the time Prophecy wasnt out so it might be better.

Green (27)
4 Argothian enchanteress
2 Verdurant enchanteress (8 tottal is overkill, you want 1 or 2 on the table only)
3 Yavimaya enchanteress (had to leave some room for other stuff and through the card drawing you'll get it soon enough)
4 bird of paradise - helps as you play 2 colors and a rancored bird is always nasty
3 wild growth
3 fertile ground
2 Endless wurm - great one with all the enchantments you have 9/9 trampl can win you the game in 2 turns...
4 rancor - no need of explanation :)
2 seal of strength
2 wordly tutor
1 Defense of the heart help you get the endless wurm or faith healer into play
1 ancestral mask (for the finish)
White
4 seal of cleansing - draw cards and get control
2 faith healer
2 mother of rune
1 worship
2 enlightned tutor
1 brilliant halo
Lands
4 city of brass
4 brushland
2 gaeas craddle
2 serras sanctum
6 forest
4 plains

It is not always consistant and you need to know when to mulligan but once set it is GREAT.
Due to the card drawing you dont need many of the KILL cards.
What is the good of having 2 worship in your hand ?

If you dont care about the types then some "cheap" enchantments are great :
primordial rage 1G give all your creatures trample
Earthcraft - no need to explain
Sacred Mesa

Some utilities you might want to use : gaeas blessing or repopulate.

Keep in mind one important detail :
with argothian enchanteress you get to draw a card if you successfully cast
with yavimay enchanteress you get to draw a card even if your spell was not successful

Enjoy

K

krichaiushii

My version, geared more towards casual play, granted, runs an Arensun's Aura, for its "sacrifice an enchantment, destroy target enchantment" effect. Very useful, I have found, especially with the recurring enchantments.

In addition, for a very casual deck, Tawnos' Wand makes the Auratog unblockable, just before saccing enchantments to it... ;)

And Thran Golem, just because.

Some food for thought.

C

Captain Caveman

I have a deck very similiar to this. I'm using a few
dirrerent cards but the idea is the same. Below is the
decklist, for reference.

4 Argothian
4 Yavimaya
4 Auratog
2 Verduran
2 Femeref