"Static Orb is better than Rising Waters in Skies, discuss."

T

The Rock

The Rock knows you all like Skies (well, some you do) so The Rock asks you this: Is Static Orb better for Skies than Rising Waters?

You get to drop the Diamonds.
Many decks use non-land mana anyway, moreso than Skies.
It`s cheaper.
It`s an artifact, not vulnerable to the Thunderscape Battlemage.

The Rock sees a Skies deck that drops the Troublesome Spirits to play maindeck Static Orbs and Indentured Djinns, as it is easy for Skies to play 3cc spells under a Static Orb and Hibernation is v strong vs Fires if you have Static Orb in.

4 Spiketail Hatchling
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Rishadan Airship
3 Indentured Djinn
3 Ribbon Snake

3 Daze
4 Foil
3 Thwart
3 Wash Out
4 Gush

4 Static Orb

22 Island

Sideboard:
2 Withdraw
1 Rushing River
4 Gainsay
4 Hibernation
2 Submerge
2 Misdirection

And The Rock knows for a fact that Sleight Of Hand is better than Opt for Skies. If you don`t the maindeck Static Orbs then this would be the deck The Rock would play:

4 Spiketail Hatchling
4 Chimeric Idol
3 Rishadan Airship
2 Ribbon Snake/Indentured Djinn
4 Troublesome Spirit

4 Sleight of Hand
2 Opt
2 Daze
4 Foil
2 Thwart
3 Wash Out
4 Gush
2 Misdirection

20 Island

Sideboard:
2 Withdraw
1 Rushing River
4 Hibernation
2 Submerge
4 Static Orb
2 ???

G

Griffith_se

Rock, or Whomever

What do You think of Tolarian Wind in Skies?

G

Gizmo

Um, Winds?

Doesn`t that just involve replacing a five card hand with a

four card hand? I`m not convinced.
I guess the point is that you would be throwing away 5 lands and turngin them into 4 spells (or more likley 3 spells 1 land). Hmm. Idea is sound, but I don`t think it`s going to work - you`ve got Foil to translate the dead land in your hand, and Tolarian Winds would be a bad draw in all other situations.
Simply think it`s way too narrow, as you only want it AFTER you Thwarted, but when you DONT have Foil in hand, ALSO have 2 Islands in play, and when you DONT want to lay back to the four lands any time soon. Usually when you pick up your lands it`s because you are about to ACC your way to victory. I think Tolarian Winds run counter to the theory of Skies, although they do synergise with Gush and Twat.

G

Gizmo

Oh, and I`m not sure about Static Orb. It`s a solid argument, but you need to test how little Orb affects your opponet - if he plays around more or less easily than he plays around Waters. And Djinns are risky, though they ace the mirror.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Listen, Jabroni, Ran Sac wipes a monkey's bung with Indentured Djinn. In a deck like that, Troublesome Spirit is the people's choice.

Ransac, the people's trash man

G

Griffith_se

But Troublesome Spirit's drawback could hurt worse than the Djinn's under Static Orb, as does Chimeric Idol's.
I wonder if Glacial Wall would be better than Chimeric idol in deck with Static Orb?
Or maybe someone can think of something better to put in that slot.

T

terzarima

I won't reveal me and my friends secret tech, but its a b/w static orb deck that right now, could blow that one of out the water. To make your deck better, there is an enchantment in 7th, also, checking the errata for static orb might give you a good clue as to how you can manipulate it.