Star Wars: The Old Republic

D

DarthFerret

Ok, now that all the NDA's have been lifted, would like to put up a report on this game for you guys.

I was a Beta tester for a few weekends on this game, and while most of you may not care for MMORPG's very much, this one is so different from the others that it definately bears looking at. The story line for each class is really good (I did not care personally for the Smuggler class, but it was still a good story). The options that you can pick during quest make each time playing through leveling a lot different. The graphics are pretty amazing. And the potential for additional content is virtually limitless. This game will support many different play styles, from the avid role player, to the hardcore raider, to straight up Player vs. Player, as well as a great Player vs. Environment aspect. Yes, there are some things that they could add right away that would help (chat bubbles, more options to sit in chairs etc...) but overall, you can tell almost immediately that Bioware has spent a lot of time, money and resources into making this one of the best MMO's that I have ever playtested.

If anyone is interested or has any questions, please let me know and I will gladly share any knowledge that I have gained over the past several weeks. The game is set to release on Dec. 20th (However, due to my preorder status, I should be playing in early access sometime around Dec 13th).

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
This game is free to play now. I played it for the story mode some months ago during a free weekend. I'm not into MMO, but as far as value for your money goes this game is pretty good. Now that it's free ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Shabbaman! Whassup?

I think most MMOs are free now... I looked at the D&D one, but the Monk class is (or was) still "premium", meaning you had to pay to use it. So maybe later... :)

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Just recovered my password again, nothing shocking. Hm. Now that I mention it, my last post here was on april 17th. Yes, my son has been born in the mean while, might have forgotten to mention that.

Other MMO's besides WoW are free, but none of those are Star Wars. So I'm not interested in those!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your son!

LOL, I know, D&D is pretty much the only one I would be interested in as well...