Sports League Season 4, Week 4: boogiepop vs Rokapoke

B

boogiepop

Oh, you shouldn't be the one to apologize. I occasionally have gaps of several days between moves. In fact, I'll be traveling for the next week and a half, so it'll be a while before I can continue this. So yeah... I apologize in advance.

Anyway, I got a couple damage out of the Archers.
Done

Rokapoke: 16
Hand: 3
Library: 27
Battlefield:

(TTUU) Forest x4
(TU) Mountain x2

(U) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm)
(S) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)

(S) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard:Nantuko Shaman, Nacatl
Exile:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boogiepop: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 26
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

(U) Skyshroud Ranger (1/1, Tap:You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
(U) Stingscourger (2/2, Echo: 3R, When Stingscourger enters the battlefield, return target creature an opponent controls to its owner's hand.)
(T) Thornweald Archer (2/1, Reach, Deathtouch)
(T) Rootwalla (2/2, 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.)

Graveyard:Myr Quadropod
Exile:

R

rokapoke

[fixed library size -- my deck has 40 cards, so that's what everything should add up to...]

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Send the Wurm.
Block/response?

Library: 25
Battlefield:

(UUUU) Forest x4
(UU) Mountain x2

(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(U) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)

Graveyard: Nantuko Shaman, Wild Nacatl
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

(U) Skyshroud Ranger (1/1, Tap:You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
(U) Stingscourger (2/2, Echo: 3R, When Stingscourger enters the battlefield, return target creature an opponent controls to its owner's hand.)
(T) Rootwalla (2/2, 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.)

Graveyard:Myr Quadropod
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Cool. I haven't gone out the door yet.
Block with the Ranger. I'm tapped out so that's all I can muster for a response.

R

rokapoke

Ranger bites it.
Beastbreaker of Bala Ged.
Level him up once.
Done.

Battlefield:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TU) Mountain x2

(U) Lowland Basilisk (1/3; Basilisk; Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.)
(U) Prodigal Pyromancer (1/1; Human Wizard; T: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature or player.)
(S) Beastbreaker of Bala Ged ([Level 1: 4/4]; Human Warrior; Level Up 2G; Level 1-3 4/4; Level 4+ 6/6 Trample)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,T) Forest x3
(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Sorry for the lengthy lapse of time. My vacation was followed up by a visit by a friend in which he stayed at my apartment and we went out and got drunk every night.

UUD

Attack with the Thornweald and Rootwalla. Blocks?

Battlefield:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TU) Mountain x2

(S) Beastbreaker of Bala Ged ([Level 1: 4/4]; Human Warrior; Level Up 2G; Level 1-3 4/4; Level 4+ 6/6 Trample)

Exile:
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(U,U,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Mountain x2

(U) Rootwalla (2/2, 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only once each turn.)

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger
Exile:

R

rokapoke

No worries on the delay. If you were required to be here every day, it wouldn't be as fun, right?

Pyromancer targets the Archer. Response?

Also, I should have tapped my Wurm (this is not a euphemism).

B

boogiepop

Tap 2 Forests to pump the Rootwalla. Responses? Damage resolves?

B

boogiepop

That's it for me.

Battlefield:

(TTTT) Forest x4
(TU) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Nantuko Shaman, Wild Nacatl, Lowland Basilisk
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Rootwalla
Exile:

R

rokapoke

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Mountian.
Fiery Temper, targeting the Stingscourger.
Assuming no response, I'll attack with the Beastbreaker and the Wurm.
Any responses thus far?

Hand: 2
Library: 24
Battlefield:

(TUUU) Forest x4
(TTU) Mountain x3

(T) Spined Wurm (5/4; Wurm)
(T) Beastbreaker of Bala Ged ([Level 1: 4/4]; Human Warrior; Level Up 2G; Level 1-3 4/4; Level 4+ 6/6 Trample)

Graveyard: Nantuko Shaman, Wild Nacatl, Lowland Basilisk, Fiery Temper
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Mountain x2

(U) Stingscourger (2/2, Echo: 3R, When Stingscourger enters the battlefield, return target creature an opponent controls to its owner's hand.) ** DEAD?? **

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Rootwalla
Exile:

R

rokapoke

Stingscourger dies. 9 damage to you via combat.
Level up the Beastbreaker one more time, to level 2.
Done.

Battlefield:

(TTTU) Forest x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

(T) Beastbreaker of Bala Ged ([Level 2: 4/4]; Human Warrior; Level Up 2G; Level 1-3 4/4; Level 4+ 6/6 Trample)

Exile:
Boogiepop: 11
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(U,U) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Rootwalla, Stingscourger
Exile:

B

boogiepop

UUD
Forest, Streetbreaker Wurm, Goblin Patrol
Done

Battlefield:

(TTTU) Forest x4
(TTT) Mountain x3

(T) Beastbreaker of Bala Ged ([Level 2: 4/4]; Human Warrior; Level Up 2G; Level 1-3 4/4; Level 4+ 6/6 Trample)

Exile:
Boogiepop: 11
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Mountain x2

Goblin Patrol (2/1, Echo: R)
Streetbreaker Wurm (6/4)

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Rootwalla, Stingscourger
Exile:

R

rokapoke

EOT, Tim the Patrol.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Cast Bloodpyre Elemental (4R; Elemental; Sacrifice ~: ~ deals 4 damage to target creature. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
Sac it to kill your Wurm.
Attack with Beastbreaker and my Wurm for 9.
Done.

Hand: 1
Library: 23
Battlefield:

(TTTU) Forest x4
(TTUU) Mountain x4

Graveyard: Nantuko Shaman, Wild Nacatl, Lowland Basilisk, Fiery Temper, Bloodpyre Elemental
Exile:
Boogiepop: 11 (2?)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T) Forest x4
(T,T) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Myr Quadropod, Skyshroud Ranger, Thornweald Archer, Rootwalla, Stingscourger, Goblin Patrol, Streetbreaker Wurm
Exile:

B

boogiepop

Well, I'm at work so I can't see my next draw, but I can guarantee all I'll be doing is dropping another big beater which you'll get around. So unless you want to get the pleasure of going in for the kill (which I'd be fine with)... good game. I'm still kicking myself for attacking and pumping the Rootwalla instead of simply casting my Ghor-Clan Savage. I didn't think you go for the block. Ah well.

I'm surprised we didn't see a flyer come into the picture.

R

rokapoke

Good game to you as well. I kept expecting you to have some direct damage spells or something to get me off track, but I'm glad that you didn't.