Something not having to do w/ the war...

Ferret

Staff member
Many of you are probably wondering why I disapeared for two months - this time...well, maybe not, considering how many times I've vanished in the past few years....well, here it is anyway.

I've been hooked on The Sims Online. If you've played the offline version, you might recognize the game - or, if you've watched any Tv and don't ignore the commercials. In many ways it's like the offline version, except for you have the rest of the world joining you instead of just computer controled non-player characters. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? It isn't.

At first, you get caught up in the excitement, visit houses, build up your skills, buy neat stuff. Later on, you can move into a house (or build your own!) and put all that money to work. You can host the house so that you can make other sims feel at home and make some more money.

Of course, all the while those skills that you worked so hard on start to deteriorate. All those cool things you bough, start breaking down and you have to spend a fortune fixing them. And, let's not forget, the rest of the other sims out there. Like everywhere, you will find quite a few jerks that will go out of their way to make your life a living hell.

After about 72 days, I decided that it's not worth $9.95 a month just to deal w/ the same stuff I had to deal w/ in real life...

So, I'm back. Not everyone here is my friend, but at least I know that most of your are :D

-Ferret

"...first Pro Tour players, now this..."

S

Svenmonkey

If you got that easily hooked on The Sims online, I have to warn you to never play a massively multiplayer online RPG. You'll end up jobless or dead or something.

Ferret

Staff member
I know. After playing a massively multiplayer simulation of life I was almost begging for something that would be fantasy based. Maybe when my new job takes off I might get into something...

-Ferret

"....and then you'd NEVER hear from me again..."

Ferret

Staff member
Thanks. It's good to be back - I don't think I ever want to go through that again. My wife was afraid I'd never stop playing the game and thought I didn't have the willpower to quit, but with her help, I was able to kick the habit.

-Ferret

"...you were up, HOW late, playing the game?"