Snake basket & Mog Infest'

M

Major Crime

I've just been thinking about ways of getting lots of creatures into play so you can use Coat of Arms. I've not put any cards together yet, so this is still at the idea stage.
I'm thinking;
4 Coats of Arms,
4 Snake Baskets,
4 Mog Infestations,
4 Junk Divers,
Artifact Mana
Maybe put soul wardens in.

I'll try to put a deck list together over the Bank Holiday, so check back on tuesday

G

Gizmo

The best way to look at Tangle Wire is to consider it the new beatdown Winter Orb. Wherever you saw an aggressive deck using a Worb (Black Ice, Frozen Fish) you can make use of the Tangle Wire.
I am less convinced by any other arguments about the usefulness of Tangle Wire - I think it is basically 'Mana Short your next two turns' in the early game, but rapidly becomes waste in midgame - thus making it a better fit in pure aggro (ie Stampy, not LD). You can almost certainly make better use of Smokestack than Tangle Wire in all slower decks.

G

Gizmo

Sorry.
Don`t know how that got there - I was posting in Tangle Wire forum. Now it won`t let me delete this post either!
:(
Oh well...

M

Major Crime

Gizmo our PC must be suffering from that "It's friday afternoon & I want to go to sleep" problem

M

Mr_Pestilence

Uh, about the original post. If you're playing Red, try to get some of those Goblins that swap Artifacts from Graveyard to play.

You could swap Snake tokens for new Baskets! Gaea's Cradle would just be insane here. If you do this, also try the Enchantment that does a creature's power in damage to a target when it comes into play.

(#$%%%, I can't remember card names today!)

G

Gizmo

Tombstone Stairwell is really good. REALLY good.
Conspiracy - that way you can play whatever creatures you want and they all gain the bonus.

I

Istanbul

3x Coat of Arms
4x Snake Basket
4x Gamble
4x Mogg Infestation
3x Arms Dealer
3x Goblin King
4x Shock
4x Seal of Fire
2x Flame Rift
3x Grim Monolith
2x Goblin Welder
2x Blaze
20x Mountain
2x Sandstone Needle

The burn gets rid of fast creatures and serves as a finisher.
Gamble gets you what you want, and Goblin Welder gets it back if Gamble doesn't pan out.
Coat of Arms, Snake Basket, and Mogg Infestation are an obvious combo, with Arms Dealer turning your new snake-gobbos into direct damage.
Grim Monolith is there for mana acceleration, since a lot of your spells cost 3-5 mana.

S

Spaceman Spiff

Mr. Pestilence the snake tokens are green you couldnt swap with the basket and a token ...
oh well, keep thinking... :)

C

Captain Caveman

Istanbul's version looks awesome. I'd go ahead
and put Cradles in the deck, as Mr_Pestilence
already suggested, though.

Goblin Kings are genius.

The only card I can suggest would be Last-Ditch
Effort. Maybe in the place of the Blaze.

Thanx, Caveman

D

Dune Echo

Wouldn't Last-Ditch Effort also be more thematic as well? I like the idea of slinging a ton of Snakes and Goblins at your opponent for the kill.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

Hey Dune, I'll save your butt here since you've been posting after the 1st with Tag Guard in the message, not the subject header. But don't forget!

G

Griffith_se

Hi,

Did you consider Green/Black?
Rough ideas,
Deranged Hermit
Saproling Burst
Monkey cage(maybe)

Bring your Hermit back again, and again with,
Victimize
Raise dead

Or if you use White you could Flicker the Hermit and the Burst in and out.

If your going to have alot of tokens, Fallen Angel would be good.

Oh well Just some Very Rough ideas, but you get the picture.

[me][/me]

[Edited by Griffith_se on May 2nd, 2000 at 02:36 PM]

A

Apollo

Pandemonium is the aforementioned enchantment that does the creature's power in damage to a target.

M

Major Crime

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread, but not do a deck for a little while.
Over the weekend I had an idea for using flicker, which seems a great card until you start trying to put a deck round it.
I HAVE started a thread for the flicker deck, so go there please with flicker ideas.