Shipwrecked - Card 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EricBess

Sorry for the delay. Running this on the road turns out to be more complicated than I had originally hoped. Anyway, I have some spare time this morning, so here goes.

Bids for this round were, as expected, interesting. Nobody wanted to stop the bidding early, but several people wanted to be ready in case someone else stopped the bidding early. I won't say too much about the hidden cards since bidding remaining hidden is part of the strategy, but there was one round when two people each played their strike card at the same time.

However, the bidding didn't end that round. Bidding didn't end until Spiderman and rkoelsch each chose to end it round 4. So, here were the bids at that point:

Gerode: Pass
rkoelsch: Stop
Spiderman: Stop
Jigglypuff: Strike

And, once more, Jigglypuff wins the bidding for 3 gems. Not too bad for a hidden resource since the value plus income of the card will always be at least 3. Of course, he doesn't get to collect on that income for a few turns yet.

The hidden resource was a Cave. That's a shelter resource (tan-30-1), bringing Jigglypuff's point total to 90. Not quite striking distance, but getting close.

Current turn: rkoelsch (0 income)

Gems/Resources (color-points-income):
Gerode: 11 / Lean-to (tan-20-2), People (purple-50-0) (70 pts)
rkoelsch: 15 / none
Spiderman: 15 / none
Jigglypuff: 6 / Wild Boar (green-50-0) , Bugs and Slugs (green-10-2), Cave (tan-30-1) (90 pts)

Sold Resources: none

I came prepared this trip. The next resource we are playing for is a Lizard. Like People, that's a companionship resource (purple-20-2).

Bids are due Tuesday, April 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.