Shhh! Secret Casual Tech!

D

Dune Echo

Hey, here's some super secret tech for everyone! Ah, who am I kidding? This is goofy stuff really, but you may enjoy using it.

Malachite Talisman with Priest of Titania or Gaea's Cradle (Can anyone fit this combo in with Stupid Green?). Massive mana generator under the right circumstances. The only problem is coming up with a sink for this that doesn't require sacrifices (Well of Knowledge? Horn of Plenty?)

Task Mage Assembly with Mana Cache and unkillable creatures. I mentioned this elsewhere, but I figured it could be mentioned again.

Rebel Informer with Heartstone: Could this be an alternative to Lin Sivvi? Only applies to combat damage though. Basically, you can get a Rebel Informer in play, block a bunch of them and then throw the "to-be-dead" Rebels back on the bottom of your library. At the next opportunity, recruit them all back.

C

Captain Caveman

Dune,

Those are some interesting ideas.

Task Mage Assembly + Task Force would be interesting. You
couldn't do the About face thing though. Even so, T-Force
would be hard to get rid of assuming it has to target it
for each point of damage.

just a thought...
Caveman

D

Dune Echo

Here's another combo for all the green mages out there:

Food Chain and Dual Nature. Think about it, you can sacrifice the copy to play an even bigger creature! Now, if only there was a way to draw lots of cards...

Oh, and has anyone seen how strong Living Terrain may be in an Enchantress deck?

D

Duel

Right. Thank you, istanbul for pointing out the obvious. I'm surprised Zadok hasn't responded, but How about greater good? If you have a spare fattie, it's pretty good. Oh, and I already pointed this out, but how about those pack creatures? You summon one, get two, look for three, and play them all, sacrificing their duplicates?

G

Gryphonclaw

I came up with the pack concept some time ago, as a way to summon a third turn tidal kraken, but it's applications are varied..

1st turn; forest, wild growth
2nd turn; forest, food chain,
3rd turn; forest, howling wolf, search for his buddies, sac him and play another, repeat for the other three, each one plays for 4 mana and sacs for 5 mana, so you end up with 8 mana, 4 of it blue, cast tidal kraken.

Unfortunately I don't think that Food Chain and Dual Nature works, tokens have a casting cost of 0.

And how about this for an inefficient mana loop;
The talisman for black, (something like 3:untap target permenent. Once per black spell)
Lab rats,
a swamp with three overgrowths on it,
and ashnods altar.

I have to give credit for this discovery to my younger cousin, He was trying to make a mana loop with a pretty limited collection, and he succeeded.

As for the malachite talisman here's a surefire killer

Priest of titania,
Malachite talisman,
Elvish herder,
Elvish fury,
7 other elves in play, say, sentinels.

tap priest for 9 mana,
cast elvish fury w/buyback,
activate talisman,
repeat 4 times,
cast elvish fury w/buyback,
repeat ad nauseum,