Senator Shot

Killer Joe

You've heard about it by now and if not here it is in a nutshell; Some Whack-Job shot innocent folks at a Liberal gathering including a democratic sentaor and a little 9 year old girl who was born on 9/11.

Oh, he worked alone and was a-political so politics had nothing to do with it. It was a random shooting or something where fault belongs to no one but the shooter.....che'yeah, right.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I think you're jumping to conclusions. First of all, it was a Congresswoman who was shot, not a senator. I also believe a federal judge (who leaned conservative) was shot and killed.

Obviously, politics had a lot to do with it, but I don't think this is a liberal/conservative thing. This is one mentally deranged individual who had a lot of distrust for the government carrying out a little plan to create chaos and happened to target the congress member in his district. Might his actions have been influenced by the particularly volatile political environment we live in at the moment? Sure, maybe. But, based on what I've read about him, he tended more toward a liberal than a conservative.

Both sides right now are trying to blame the other for making this happen, but I honestly believe that this truly was just a whack-job doing something he probably would have done to someone sooner or later.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Political beliefs and concepts should rise or fall on their own merits, and not on the basis of bad things done by individuals espousing them.

D

DarthFerret

Agreed. While I am usually in the minority on this site, politically, I agree generally with most people here morally. Same with this topic. Who cares what motivated this guy. He is a Whack Job, and his actions should not be pushed to one side or the other. This applies to politics, religion, etc. For years, Dungeons and Dragons had a bad reputation because a few nut jobs did some crazy self destructive acts and blamed it on the game. This could have been done over a lost game of Monopoly with similar results. So, basically, do not let the actions of an individual (or a few individuals) impact your opinions about a group or activity that they may be involved in or affiliated with. I guess that is basically my point here.

T

train

well - I'm going to say he's due for punishment, namely death - but I won't call him a whack job - giving him any way to get out of the horrors he's committed, insanity-wise, mentally incompetent, etc. shouldn't be passed his way.