Searching Limitations

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I brought this up a while ago and it was fixed, but now I've unfixed it.

When searching for individual posts of members, the maximum number of posts the forum retrieves is 10,000 posts. For most members, this is not an issue. However, I (having 10,000+ when including battle arena and off-topic) cannot find all of my vast and storied history.

My question: Is it possible to raise the number from 10,000?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll look into it... the limit may have been imposed as a time-saver, to prevent the site from getting timed out or using too much resources or something...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe Ransac could filter by importance? No wait, that wouldn't find any results...... maybe by relevance?...... but to what? ........
Wow, this is a tough one...... does anyone else need have this problem?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Spiderman said:
I'll look into it... the limit may have been imposed as a time-saver, to prevent the site from getting timed out or using too much resources or something...
Thanks ahead of time.

Mooseman said:
Maybe Ransac could filter by importance? No wait, that wouldn't find any results...... maybe by relevance?...... but to what? ........
Wow, this is a tough one...... does anyone else need have this problem?
You mother wears army boots.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
Just an FYI that I upped the limit to 15,000 posts...
I think there's probably some member with even more posts than that grotesquely bloated number... :rolleyes:

B

Budget Player Cadet

Am I just imagining things, or is OS's post count at 6666?? Like, the number of the devil plus an extra?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually it's the number of the beast.....
and in 660,000 more posts, he will become the new Nostradamus.....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mooseman said:
Actually it's the number of the beast.....
and in 660,000 more posts, he will become the new Nostradamus.....
I suspect Spiderman would beat me to that number...