Scouting Trek

G

Griffith_se

Actually I was thinking about doing something with Scouting Trek + Clear the land.

In a Domain deck, Perhaps X burn or a fat green deck with Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer?

Any ideas?

S

superguy

Scouting Trek + Mulch
Scouting Trek + Rowen
Scouting Trek + Seismic Assault + Prosperity
Just some ideas.

B

Baskil

or...

1st Turn- Vampiric Tutor
2nd Turn- Scouting Trek
3rd Turn- Clear the Land
4th Turn- Death Pit Offering, Jolreal, Empress of the Beasts
5th Turn- Send for 35

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That's a pretty cool combo. But, what are the specific odds on drawing exactly what you need in those turns?

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

A while ago, I played against a kid who insisted on using this stupid variant where if you played a card, you drew two cards, and you could play as many lands as you wanted each turn. He did this before seeing what was in my deck, and as I had nothing else to do, I agreed, although not before arguing with him in an attempt to stop this stupid game.

In my opening hand I drew my one Scouting Trek, which I had put in the deck the night before and forgotten.

I cast it, and soon after he conceded.

B

Baskil

Originally posted by Ransac
That's a pretty cool combo. But, what are the specific odds on drawing exactly what you need in those turns?
Not very good :p

So, you have to fill the deck up with other things to do, like Thrashing Wumpus, Plague Wind, Avatar of Woe (4th turn Woe possible), Massacre, Natural Affinity, ect.

Funny story is that I actually brought a deck similar to that to my States tournament, figuring on playing a lot of B/R. Instead, I got paired up against three Ankh Tide decks in a row. Sometimes God plays practical jokes.