Sabre Ant Beatdowm

F

Fire Slinger

I saw another post that dealt with Sabre Ants, so I thought I would try a build a deck out of them.

Warning! This deck was just built and has not been played yet.

Artifacts
2 Crenellated Wall
3 General's Regalia
2 Jade Monolith
2 Phyrexian Vault

Green Creatures
3 Elvish Lyrist
4 Llanowar Elves
3 Priest of Titania
4 Saber Ants

Green Spells
2 Creeping Mold
3 Fecundity
4 Magnify
3 Spidersilk Armor

Red Creatures
2 Ancient Hydra
3 Arc Mage

Red Spells
2 Close Quarters
2 Lunge

Land
10 Forest
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Karplusan Forest
4 Thran Quarry
2 Yavimaya Hollow

I have no Idea if it works or not. Go ahead and figure it out.

F

Fire Slinger

Ok. Here's an updated version of this deck. I know nobody cares, I don't care if you do. I dropped the red because it wasn't working out.

Artifacts
2 Crenellated Wall
3 General's Regalia

Green Creatures
3 Elvish Lyrist
3 Hunting Moa
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Priest of Titania
4 Saber Ants
2 Stampede Driver

Green Spells
3 Creeping Mold
3 Fecundity
4 Jolreal's Favor
4 Magnify
3 Spidersilk Armor
2 Titania's Boon

Land
15 Forest
2 Gaea's Cradle
2 Yavimaya Hollow

They point is to drop a Sabre Ant and keep attacking, using Y. Hollows and Jolreal's Favor to regenerate the Ant. After a while you'll get more baby ant, and then you use Magnify, Titania's Boon, Hunting Moa, and Stampede Driver to help with the beatdown

P

Purple_jester

Seeing as to how your deck is vulnerable to mass-creature destruction, shouldn't you find room for a repopulate or rebirth? I can imagine the horror should even a single Massacre be used against this deck.

D

Dead

I noticed that red was deemed unsuitable for a saber ant deck. By coincedence i was trying to design a saber ants deck the other day and came up with the following red/green/white deck which is also less vulnerable to massacre.

Creatures

4 Saber Ants- Obviously...
4 Skyshroud Elf- Almost your only white/red mana source, so keep them safe.
4 Llanowar Elves- Cheap fast mana.
4 Priest of Titania- Loads of mana.

Spells

4 Ancestral Mask- Make those Sabers big enough to survive.
4 Spidersilk Armour- Bigger return on Angelic Chorus whilst at the 1/1 stage.
2 Fertile Ground- Back up coloured mana production.
4 Coat of Arms- Bring out the beatdown.
4 Dual Nature- Provides more Ants to bash and extra elf mana.
4 Angelic Chorus- Give me life.
4 Pandemonium- The kill card and the ignition all in one...

Land

2 Gaeas's Cradle (ouch)
16 Forest

The basic plan is to start out with elf mana, build up to dual nature and pandemonium and then drop a saber ant. It's replica can be used to smack the original for 2 damage, giving two ants. You then boost up the saber ants with ancestral masks and spidersilk to allow more damage each turn, until you have about 8 or 10 insects. Then drop coat of arms and a 1/1 creature, having it deal damage to what should be about a toughness 15 saber ant. This produces something like a 10/10 insect and makes the saber ant fractionally bigger. You use the pandemonium damage from this insect to make 10 20/20 insects and either make more if required by nailing another saber ant, or simply distribute the 200 points of pandemonium damage between your opponents. The angelic chorus is there for gaining enough life to stay in the game till the deck goes off.

There you go, red saber ant abuse. For more on the thought process behind this deck, see my website.