Rsystic deck type?

F

FoundationOfRancor

I wanna make a deck that uses the Rystic cards to the advantage. I think a red/black deck would be the way to go. I want this deck to be MBC-6. Here's some cards I think should be included:
- Vamp Tutor
- Rystic Tutor
- Rystic cave
- Stone rain
- tetonic break
- lava runner
- rain of tears
- port

Blue might be a good option because of the TIDE and psycic phenom (and of course counterspells)
What do you guys think?

I

Istanbul

Expect EVERY white deck to start packing Sheltering Prayers in its sideboard against just such a deck.

Sheltering Prayers W
Enchantment
As long as any player controls 3 or less lands, basic lands that player controls cannot be the target of spells or abilities.
Rare

Z

Zadok001

That's fine. Think about it. Sheltering Prayers keeps them at 3 land. Rhystics cost 2-3 to 'counter.' Which means your opponent won't be playing many spells- EVER. If they want to play spells, they need to play land, which in turn gets blown up.

I think that deck would be best B/r, giving it access to Parallax Tide, ~name~ Drake (the sack to Mana Leak guy) as both a kill and an additional counter, and simple countermagic like Rethink, Power Sink (rather have Miscalc, but this is MBC6), etc. Rystic Scrying fits the theme and gives you some fairly good search effects.

The main LD stuff you've already listed, Stone Rain and TECHtonic Break. Maybe A. of Mishra would fit? It's cheap, and makes the LD and Tides _much_ better...

"BOOM BOOM BOOM! Prophecy is so dumb."

S

Seeker of Truth

FoundationOfRancor:

If you're running two colors, Rhystic Cave may be a waste of a land slot. It fits in with your rhystic theme, but its ability, even with LD, is unreliable since it only requires 1 mana to disrupt. As for LD cards, I would also add Despoil to your list of possible candidates:

Despoil - Sorcery, 3B: Destroy target land. That land's controller loses 2 life.
LD and direct damage, not bad.

D

Duel

Right. Guys, after examining the potential in Prophecy, I hold 4 words for yall: "I SMELL REBEL-GEDDON" I already have a decklist and a basic deck.

For the deck, it might be wise to throw in the howling mine thingamajig, to keep your counters flowing as fast as his creatures, and some enchantment/artifact control (Confiscate, or a cheap variation thereof) would not be out of line. Expect high mana totals in the decks, meaning that Denying wind will do more damage that previously thought, allowing mana clumps to form by the 10's and 20's. Oh, and don't worry too much about sheltering prayers or LD. If my guess is right, the decks will fall into two categories: self-sacrificing land, and too high casting cost to be efficient. Move quick, move often, move well. Set up your ridgebacks and dementias and this set'll fall to you. But give them the time to cast onen of their magical 8cc spells, and I won't be responislbe for the consequences.