Revised Black Discard

R

Rando

Once again, I've revised the Black discard deck. I do not have the time to play-test it before the next Friday-night Magic shin-dig, (the only touney anytime soon), so I have to go with what info I can get from here.

Creatures(16)
4 Ravonous Rats
4 Chilling Aperition
4 Cateran Enforcer
4 Thrashing Wumpus

Spells(14)
4 Duress
4 Unmask
2 Snuff out
2 Massacre
2 Vampiric Tutor

Artifacts(4)
4 Tangle Wire

Mana Sources(26)
4 Dark Ritual
2 Rath's Edge
2 Dust Bowl
4 Spawning pool
14 Swamp

F

FoundationOfRancor

I would replace the unmask with stupor's, and put the Unmaskes in teh sideboard. I also suggest using Phyrexian negator, since your oppenent wont have many threats to block it or deal with it, dmg from it should be minimum.

G

Griffith_se

I think if You want to use Tangle Wire You really need some quicker beat-down creatures, and some boosters. I think
Tangle wire really belongs in beat-down (suicide Black) type deck, but thats just My oppinion.

Like:
Phyrexian Negator
Lurking Evil
Flesh Reaver
Skittering Skirge
Masticore

Booster:
Twisted Experiment

If You have ports, put'em in.

For Your deck, I still think You should drop the Chilling a
-4 Chilling
+4 Negator

I don't think I like Tangle wire in here.
-4 Tangle wire
+2 Snuff
+1 Persecute
+1 Forced March

What do ya think?

4 Ravonous Rats
4 Phyrexian Negator
4 Cateran Enforcer
4 Thrashing Wumpus

Spells(14)
4 Duress
4 Unmask
4 Snuff out
2 Massacre
2 Vampiric Tutor
1 Persecute
1 Forced March

Mana Sources(26)
4 Dark Ritual
2 Rath's Edge
2 Dust Bowl
4 Spawning pool
14 Swamp

[Edited by Griffith_se on August 3rd, 2000 at 02:25 PM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

I disagree alot.
I think thats more suicid black...and the wires are a good call!
Creatures(16)
4 Ravonous Rats
4 Chilling Aperition
4 Negator
2 Thrashing Wumpus
2 skittering skirge
Spells(14)
4 Duress
4 Stupor
2 Snuff out
2 Massacre
2 Vampiric Tutor

Artifacts(4)
4 Tangle Wire

Mana Sources(26)
4 Dark Ritual
2 Rath's Edge
2 Dust Bowl
4 Spawning pool
14 Swamp

This looks pretty good but 22 land *might* be able to be cut down to 20, in which case you can add ad another tutor (rhystic?) and anotehr skittering skirge.

R

Rando

My initial thought was that the discard+tangle wires would work out nice together. If most of what they would have been tapping to the wire is in the graveyard, that preaty much leaves them locked out, with my creatures going unblocked/unmolested for the kill. I had first thought that land destruction+discard would work better for this, but I did not think it was "focused" enough.

G

Griffith_se

FoR, I think I got that post a little confused, I think We agree Tangle Wire is good in Suicide Black, isn't that what You are saying?

I got confused when I was typing tha deck list I guess. I was thinking control and Suicide at the same time, and kinda squished'em together.

Oh well, chalk it up to that blond thing. :rolleyes:

G

galtwish

I would play Perish instead of one Massacre, and replace the Tangle Wires with 2 Ring of Gix, a Masticore and a Snuff Out. Additionally, I'd drop the Cateran Enforcers for another Snuff out, two Ticking Gnomes, and a Yawgmoth's Will. The Unmasks would come out for 3 Stupor and a Vicious Hunger. And two Spawning Pools would turn into Swamps to give you bettewr mana consistentcy. Finally, I'd sub two Masticores for two Wumpi. Here's my tune:

4 Rats
4 Apparitions
2 Ticking Gnomes
3 Masticore
2 Wumpus

4 Snuff Out
1 Massacre
1 Perish
1 Yawgmoth's Will
3 Stupor
1 Vicious Hunger
4 Duress
2 Vampiric Tutor
2 Ring of Gix

4 Dark Ritual
2 Spwaning Pool
2 Dust Bowl
2 Rath's Edge
16 Swamp

Hope this helps. I think your original deck is too dependent on getting a Dark Ritual in the opening hand.

Erik