Replenish is Bannned ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

T

The Magic Jackal

yep, i'm as shocked as you are, but according to meridian magic, it's banned. I'd tried to read the article, but the link seems to be broken. Anyway here's the webpage

http://www.meridianmagic.com/

C

Chaos Turtle

Heh-heh...
Just to assauge the fears of the somewhat more gullible or paranoid among us...have a look at the address bar of the page that meridianmagic sends you to.
Erase the "/other/" and hit enter and you're at that page's main site.
Whoa.
I'd tell you what the site is all about but it's literally all Greek to me.

G

Gizmo

Don`t scramble your engines jsut yet, this i yet another of WotC`s 'hilarious' April 1st Bannings.
Don`t you remember when they banned 'Islands', and predicted a huge rise in value of the ultra-rare 'Island' misprint from Arabian Nights?
LOL...not.

T

The Magic Jackal

so you guys are saying that it's not really banned?

A

Apollo

nah, they would have given a month or so to prepare for the changes, they wouldn't have made it effective already. Plus, as far as I know, there is no Replenish deck that defines any environment and is worth banning the cards for.

Apollo

G

Gizmo

Well from what I`m hearing the new Replenish deck IS pretty much going to hit T2 as 'The Deck To beat', but I don`t see it being broken (just good and consistent) so I would be amazed if they banned it so soon - even Memory Jar had two weeks of tourney play before they acted.
And the reaosn they banned it was because it set up turn 2 kills in Extended. Bollocks.

Trust me - this is not for real, WotC do love their little April 1st jokes.

G

Gizmo

To put this baby to bed, Meridian have just updated to confirm that this was a hoax from the M:tG Russia people.

Z

Zadok001

This wasn't a WotC joke, though, for the record...

"Lookit me, I can FLY!"

I

Istanbul

Yep! Looks like Jackal got fooled.

Okay, everyone point and laugh. "HAHAHAHA!" Okay, that's that. :)