Rebels with Heart

D

Dune Echo

Hello out there in Magicland! Under the card commenting section on MTG, someone hit upon a brilliant revelation. What's the best artifact in the world for a rebel deck besides Lifeline or Mana Crypt? Think for a moment here. It's so brilliant that I'm willing to go get 2 more of this card along with 4 Lin Sivvi, 3 Conspiracy, and some of the best CIP creatures in the game. Any ideas yet? Okay, okay, I'll stop the suspense.

It's Heartstone! <And the lightbulb clicks in everyone's head!> All your creature abilities cost 1 mana less to use with a minimum of 1 for the actual cost. Okay with 2 Heartstones in play, Lin Sivvi's recursion ability only costs 1 and to you can find any 3cc Rebel for 1 mana. Now combine this with lots of Rebels. They're all cheap now! Now you can thaw them out even faster and all at instant speed! Now, here's my roadblock.

I'm so excited about this prospect that I cannot decide what to put in besides the following and how to make it work effectively.

I'd like to make a deck that accomplishes the following:
Can recur itself to prevent decking.
Can make lots of creatures.
Can respond to a variety of threats.

Yes, I know this is difficult to get all of these, but I think this has potential. I think I'd like to make it along the lines of RecSurv but more mana intensive and not quite as deadly. More fun than anything.

Would Recycle and Aluren work at all here?

"Conspiring Rebels With Heart"
Colors: White/?/Black/?/?
Description/Theme: Thaw out "conspired" Rebels with different 187 abilities

White:
2 Enlightened Tutor
3 Lin Sivvi
4 Ramosian Sergeant
3 Ramosian Captain
? (Lawbringer and Lightbringer maybe?)

Blue:
2 Raven Familiar
?

Black:
2 Bone Shredder
3 Conspiracy
?

Red:
1 Avalanche Riders
2 Ghitu Slinger

Green:
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Gaea's Blessing
2 Yavimaya Granger
?

Artifacts:
4 Heartstone
? (Is there anything else that would strengthen this deck style?)

Lands:
?

I'd like to keep this 70 to 60 cards if possible. Thanks for your help guys.

T

theorgg

well, spike feeders always worked well on their lonesome, and heartstone just makes them rebel bird pumpers.
that reminds me! that bird that gives +1/+1 counters! that's good!
topple for the neggator?
Gaea's blessing/ Hermit druid?
excellent combo there.
what about Mirri's guile/Sylvan library? goes great w/ hermit druid.