Ravnica Allegiance Card Image Gallery

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This new Lavinia is making quite the buzz in Legacy and Vintage communities. I don't really like the design, but it does look powerful.

T

Terentius

This new Lavinia is making quite the buzz in Legacy and Vintage communities. I don't really like the design, but it does look powerful.
Possible to lock down an opponent by bouncing lands, or some other method?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The application in tournaments would be as a "hatebear" and not part of a hard lockdown. She hoses a lot of popular tournament cards. In Vintage the effect is especially pronounced because most decks use 0-drops and use nonland mana sources. Most decks run a smaller number of lands compared to other formats and a lot of decks use lands that produce 2 or more mana. So opponents will be slowed down. Not locked, but hobbled sufficiently to make this a severe threat. The most notable downside is probably that the effect hosing 0-drops is a nonbo with Thalia, Guardian of Thraben. But I think that the card is still so potent it'll see play.

Oh, also quite relevant in Eternal formats: those abilities are asymmetrical. You can cast Force of Will by paying a life and pitching a blue card, but your opponent cannot. You can drop a Mox, but your opponent cannot. You can delve away your graveyard to cast Dig Through Time, but your opponent cannot.