3 Sterling Grove
3 Harrow
4 Rampant Growth
2 Living Wish
3 Bayou
3 Savannah
3 Scrubland
14 basic lands

The whole deck is designed to get out Purgatory and a Grave Pact and start playing echo creatures. When they die, the opponent sacs a creature and the creature goes to Purgatory, ready to be fetched out again next turn. I usually wins by echoing a couple of creatures and attacking or through Highway Robber damage.

What do you guys and gals think? Don't tell me that the deck would be better with Recurring Nightmare, because I already know. Also, the whole group has decided that Recurring Nightmare has some Colorado-only errata that makes it possible to Disenchant it. Anyway, just don't suggest it or I will hunt you down and steal all of your Magic cards.

(- Steve -)

M

Mikeymike

Also, the whole group has decided that Recurring Nightmare has some Colorado-only errata that makes it possible to Disenchant it.
HAHA! That's funny, this sounds like my group sometimes (but its usually me making the mistakes).

I understand that there is some seriously mana intensive stuff going on in this sucker, but I feel 14 mana fixers (3 of which are reusable) is more than you'll need. I'd probably cut the 4 Rampant Growth and run 1 more Granger or even Yavimaya Elders.

I'd cut 1 Gravepact, it works well but its not necessary for your survival, and you simply won't be able to cast it that early most games anyway. Plus it cleans out your mana curve significantly.

The Highway Robbers are good, but without a good way to commit suicide you won't be able to time their effect well.

4 creatures I like in here are Phyrexian Plaguelord (gives you a sacrifice engine, which is nice with Gravepact and for reusing WoBs), Spike Weaver, Woodripper, and Elvish Lyrst. Living Wish leaves your creature options quite open of course, but I'd still main deck A/E destruction anyway just in case.

Looks like a solid idea

T

train

He may not go with the deck, but with as good as he is, you need to run Kamahl- The Mad Fistings- the Krosan Fist...

Other than that I can't elaborate more than MM.

J

Jigglypuff

You know, the honest truth about Living Wish is that I only intended to use it to rescue my creatures if Purgatory happened to leave play. I never made a sideboard for the deck and I have never seen anyone in my group use a Wish to pull something that wasn't in their sideboard.

If I were to drop a Grave Pact and the Rampant Growths and add the 4th Harrow, that would give me 4 slots to play with. So I'll add 2 Plaguelords and 2 Druid Lyrist (to hedge against Engineered Plague).

With a couple of other quick changes, here's the new revised version:

4 Birds of Paradise
3 Phyrexian Plaguelord
2 Yavimaya Granger
2 Radiant's Dragoons
2 Multani's Acolyte
2 Bone Shredder
2 Highway Robber
2 Druid Lyrist
2 Woodripper
4 Harrow
4 Purgatory