Pokemon : GameBoy

N

NeuroDeus

I just started playing Gameboy : Pokemon Red Version. I like it... Its better than the show or cards... My pokemon just now ?

Charmeleon
Nidorino
Jigglypuff
Clefable
Geodude

D

dw51688

? I don't play pokemon. I don't have it. I played it once but it gets boring.

E

ErinPuff

I used to be a rabid fan of the game..

I agree, it's much better than the show or cards, but it's a little too cutesy for me.

H

Hetemti

I gave it a shot...it was just way to childish and boring.
What I did pick up...

Teach your Charazard "Dig." A subterrainian dragon is nearly invincible.
One of the TM's allows a creature to skip his attack phase to gain life. Put that on Ekans (backwards: snakE). Use the lifegain to stall while your opponents creatures take poison counters. I used that technique to get through those occasional fields of trainers when my good critters got too banged up.
Repel doesn't work.
Ghastly is a pain in the ass. Try to avoid. You will fail to, but try.

Oh, and play a MAN'S game for once. You'll never go back.

C

Cateran Emperor

The GB game is actually not too bad (considering that at the time the only other good RPGs were a minimum 5 or so years old, it had me playing it for about 2 months) Now with Dragon Warrior is in a convenient little GB cart, I haven't even thought about the game in quite a while.

J

Jaws10387

The GB game is pretty good and can get addictive. I have the players guide so if you want help just ask. :)

N

NeuroDeus

Lol Jaws, I already completed the game years ago... Hetemti...reasons why I played the game... 1) CD-Rom destroyed cannot install games, 2) slow connection cannot download anything good (yeah I play warez...) 3) I don't use any cutesy or childish pokemon in the game lol... Charizard...Magmar...Flareon...Moltres... I hate the show and the card game... but the GB game is a good way to pass an hour...

And about playing man's games...I am the most hardcore gamer around here...

H

Hetemti

I love Unreal Tournament with the Infiltration Mod on Last Man Standing with no powerups. The best levels are Library (from Goldeneye 007) and Urban Arena II, a large but quick level with tunnels, streets, alleyways, and buildings to snipe from. :)

...and Barrin thought he knew the meaning of Hightened Awareness...

...I have a friend who's trying to get some Pokékids to start in magic...unfortunatly, their momma won't let them open the 5th ed pack they got in one of those old two-decks-of-fourty boxes...why we don't know. Heck, I want to see if there's something good in there!

D

Darsh

I used to be a rabid addict of that game then I beat it and "caught the all" anyway if you need help just ask me (I know pretty much every hidden item in the game).

Here's my team

Mewtwo-most powerful one in the game(psychic, recover, body slam, substitute)
Hp-405!!
At-310
Df-260
Sd-342
Sp-400!!!!

Gengar-A must have (equip him with sleep, poison, and draining attacks)

Articuno-give him flying and ice attacks(blizzard)

Zapdos-give him flying and powerful electric attacks(Thunder)

Dragonite-Extemely powerful(give him ice water and normal attacks)

Gyarados-give him water and normal (hyper beam)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Drowsee/Hypno! Catch one east of Vermillion before you go back through Diglett's cave, then, while you're around Viridian getting the Flash HM go into town. Just west of the road back to Pallet Town there's a female looking figure you can get to by Cutting a bush. Do so, talk to her, and she'll give you the TM for Dream Eater.

Teach it to Drowsee. A Drowsee with Hypnosis and Dream Eater (and of course, Psychic and Confusion, but they come later) means you'll never have to worry about another Poison, Fighting, or Ghost type Pokemon ever again! :D