Points calculation

M

Mundungu

I'm following the World championship and have no problem understanding how points get couted.

My problem is with the column Op.Win%

Can anyone axplain to me how this % get calculated and what it means ?

R

RabidKimba

It pretty much means that if the opponents that you beat are doing good, the percentage is higher. I think. Maybe. :rolleyes:

E

EricBess

Yes, that is basically it. It is used for tie breakers. Basically, your standing depends on how well you are doing (match wins). For all of those people who have the same number of match points, the first determination of tie breaker is how well their opponents have been doing. The idea is that if you have the same ranking as a group of other people, but you had to play tougher opponents, than you are given a higher standing than the others with the same match points.

T

terzarima

Do you want me to give you the formulas? :)

It's one of 3 ways to determine a tie-breaker, used in order ( I beleive that its the first step on the list ) other ways involve OP. Gamewin% and I'm pretty sure your gamewin%, am I right Bess?

E

EricBess

Yep.

First tiebreaker is opponent match win %. I can never remember for sure whether your game win% or opp game win % comes next. I think it is yours and then opp, but I could be wrong.