Plow Under

T

Turtlewax Joe

Can Some one tell me what Plow Under does exactly?

T.J.

Z

Zadok001

You target two of your opponent's lands. On resolution, they return to the top of your opponent's library. Your opponent is now A) Down two mana AND B) Missing two draw steps.

The trick is to play it very, very early, and hopefully either in multiples or with similar cards like Fallow Earth, Temporal Spring, Memory Lapse, etc... Of course, you have to wear a cup when you play that sort of deck, but we all must make some sacrifices...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Good, so my angry hermit deck is in full tilt with 4!:p :D

T

Turtlewax Joe

wut about the casting cost. I know it's 5 mana, but wut about color. is it Red or Green??

N

NeuroDeus

It shows that green can be a right bastard sometime.

M

Mikeymike

For awhile every color except green had cards that I felt guilty playing. Desertion, Mind Twist, Lobotomy, Congregate, Cheesey Burn, etc. Then I played Plow Under, man that card is ruthless. Urza's Destiny was one f'ed up set.

S

Secret Asian Man

I remember the glory days of Trinity green:

First Turn:
Forest, Llanowar Elves.

Second Turn:
Forest, Birds of Paradise, Rofellos.

Third Turn:
Forest, Plow Under.

Fourth Turn:
Forest, Hermit, Blastoderm.

Game over.

Ahhh, those were the days.

T

terzarima

You should really make a type 1 or type 1.x plow under/green land destruction deck. For entertainment purposes, plus, it wouldn't be half bad.

K

Killerbob

which card do you guys think are strongest, as a backup for an elf deck. Plow Under, or Stunted growth? They both cost 3gg, and are extremely annoying.

R

Rooser

w00t!

I get to necro this thread exactly three years after the last post!

Anyway, Plow Under is pretty good - and now that it's been reprinted in type II, people are playing it more than ever! It's certainly awesome in green land destruction, but it's a great sideboard card against mana-intensive control decks too. kill two of their draws and keep their mana from reaching critical mass.

As for Stunted Growth - I like the card, but have yet to find a home for it anywhere.

Hmmmm .... perhaps a casual Green Stompy deck that disrupts with Plow Under and Stunted Growth ....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Plow Under is insane, and is especially painful when combined with green land destruction cards. Argothian Wurm is great with this sort of wickedness...

Reversing two of their land drops and wasting two of their draws. It's so delightfully evil! :D

R

Reverend Love

Plow Under
Fallow Earth
Memory Lapse
Ritual of Subdual
Temporal Spring
Hinder

With:
4 Eternal Witness
4 Mystic Snake

Dirrrty.